Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damie45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Is there anyway to stop the volume indicator to stop from showing up in the middle of a video when u adjust it? I just hate when I'm watching a video and have to adjust the volume, it covers the whole screen and u can't see the video. So u have to rewind.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Is there anyway to stop the volume indicator to stop from showing up in the middle of a video when u adjust it? I just hate when I'm watching a video and have to adjust the volume, it covers the whole screen and u can't see the video. So u have to rewind.

You can pause it before turning it up or down.

macmacguy

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Sometimes it doesn't appear, but I can't determine a pattern. Mostly happened when I tried to adjust my volume while watching Youtube videos.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Sometimes it doesn't appear, but I can't determine a pattern. Mostly happened when I tried to adjust my volume while watching Youtube videos.

The first time I watched a full screen YouTube video using iOS 8 I noticed it didn't show up. I thought 'damn, awesome! finally gone!'

That was the only time it didn't show up on screen. :rolleyes::mad::mad:

macmacguy

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
The first time I watched a full screen YouTube video using iOS 8 I noticed it didn't show up. I thought 'damn, awesome! finally gone!'

That was the only time it didn't show up on screen. :rolleyes::mad::mad:

So you should downgrade and upgrade again every time you want to watch something. This way it won't bother you anymore :D

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
One app I use does not show the onscreen volume indicator- OPlayer. When in fullscreen mode on my iPad at least, it doesn't show up.

Come on, Apple! Get with the program. :mad:

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

it's been that way since ios7. :(

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Isn't it just utterly amazing how the ONE place that transparency would make sense functionally & aesthetically is the one place that Jony Ive's crackpot team of UI designers has not enabled transparency????? They think transparency belongs underneath programs that don't need it and sometimes results in confusion as to whether that vague red shading underneath a few words on the screen is an error or signifies something....or that the borders of OS programs need transparency which just results in a scattered mess of feedback. What is wrong with Apple ever since Steve died?

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Therapy. Makes me feel better to acknowledge openly how bad iOS UI has been since 2013's iOS7. And, the hope & a prayer that Timmy reads my particular post and it's the straw that breaks the camel's back for him to wake up and fire Jony Ive who took 4 years to fix this issue which is one of 1,000 issues he's brought when he and his team invented his lousy iOS7 UI, which bled over into poisoning not only OS but also virtually all of web design that's infatuated with too much white space and light-colored font for some inexplicable reason. :)
[doublepost=1497535628][/doublepost]And actually I saw this thread at the bottom of another thread I was reading. I read thru it and was compelled to reply. I didn't go hunting for it. :)

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Aha! Didn't know. OK, I appreciate the comment. Is there any area of written-unwritten courtesy rules to follow?

Thx!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.