Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Zagg blows. The product is a pain in the ass to put on, and it doesn't stay on. I am sending mine back, how do I get a full refund? I can't find it on their site.

Thanks guys.

AppleMasterFlex

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2008
Same Problemo

I bought the inviisible shield from zagg for my phone and it was a real pain and it sucks.

I dont remember exactly what i did but i called them and told them i want to return it, they then ask for the order# or whatever and then they send you an email or something like that on what to put in the shipping package.

But it was a pain, i had to pay 6$ shipping and i honestly did not get my refund back to my card until 2 months later. It take them 2 months to give me my money back but they now say they have faster processing or whatever.

So just call them and tell them you want to return the zagg and they'll tell you what to do.

mixmacface

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2008
in the 7th layer of hell.
i haven't had the best experience with ZAGG customer service. i love their product, but their CS is BS. i don't like talking on the phone, so i emailed them, and i gave them everything they needed, and then they told me i had to re-send everything to them. the shield, the receipt, the box, everything. i was so ticked. luckily, the front of my ipod touch has stayed perfect. idk, i dont like dealing with them, but i love their product.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Are you sure you applied it properly? Did you give it an adequate amount of time to dry? I've had an Invisible Shield for over 6 months, the same one, and have never experienced it coming off. The small pieces on the end can take up to a day to begin to stick if you used a lot of solution.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
Get a BestSkinsEver.

I'm very happy with it, and it was very easy to put on if you follow their instructions.

I have 0 bubbles on the front and only mabe 3 small ones on the back.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME and GIVE IT TIME TO DRY. Don't even think about touching the device for 24 hours.

gvincent

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
Hoover, AL
I have a Zagg skin on my iphone 3g screen, followed directions and it looks and works GREAT, recommend it highly! :)

whoisrhp

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2008
anyone know how long zagg's free shipping delivery takes? I know last time I did the free shipping service I think it took like 2 weeks for the film to come. I know that bodyguardz comes pretty fast within 1 week. does anyone know if they improved there free shipping speed?

thanks.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Get a BestSkinsEver.

I'm very happy with it, and it was very easy to put on if you follow their instructions.

I have 0 bubbles on the front and only mabe 3 small ones on the back.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME and GIVE IT TIME TO DRY. Don't even think about touching the device for 24 hours.

Same here +1 for BestSkinsEver.
Same, if not better product (the edges stick better), their customer support is great, and much cheaper. They do away with all the flashy packaging and and website.
Great product ever.
(Yes, I have compared both, Invisible shield and BSE. Have the same issues as you described, plus horrible CS, I was on hold for over an hour just to get support for an exchange)

darfel

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
NorCal
anyone know how long zagg's free shipping delivery takes? I know last time I did the free shipping service I think it took like 2 weeks for the film to come. I know that bodyguardz comes pretty fast within 1 week. does anyone know if they improved there free shipping speed?

thanks.

I think the shipping and fulfillment was taking 3-4 days as well as the shipping taking 4-5 days.

I read the fulfillment process is being streamlined. I'm not sure if its be upgraded/fixed yet.

RJSim

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
I ordered my IS on September 16...
"shipped" on September 18...
received the Shield on September 30 (no solution, no squeegee, no box)...
"shipped" the rest October 3...

3 1/2 weeks and no shield on my iPod. Frustrated beyond belief...

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008

Hey I have the same deal. They didn't send the box, squeegee, or solution. So I took my credit card out and made my own solution. It did work, but I was frustrated during installation cause I was in a bad mood already because of Zagg so I ended up with a few bubbles here and there on the back.

Obama

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
This is off topic and just an fyi. Check your local mall. The mall near me has a kiosk that sells them and they will put it on for an additional $5.

I didn't buy it though, I always had good results with bestskinsever and saved $

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England

Same here. Took forever to arrive and then got a bag with a busted IS box inside. Solution bottle was empty, not all pieces were included and no squeegee.

I've picked BSE since and they've been amazing. Easy to apply and amazingly fast shipping to the UK.

RJSim

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
So I emailed the president of Zagg complaining about the situation I'm currently in (4 weeks after ordering and still no Shield on my iPod). Talked about not being offered expedited shipping on my missing items or partial refund... I received a reply today from an associate of the president offering me a 40% refund on my Shield for my inconvenience. I'm not happy that I don't have everything but I'll take the partial refund!

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
I emailed Zagg and they said they'll ship over the full box through first class mail. However, I do need to send back the old shield. I don't know if not sending the old one is considered stealing. If it isn't considered stealing, I'd rather not go through the trouble of having to deal with them again by sending it in. I'm already annoyed by the customer service.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Decent product, customer service is crap. I sent my damaged skin in, they got it and I waited 3 weeks. I called and they STILL had not sent it out and told me they could only send it out standard mail, but it would go out today.

I told them to either speed up the shipping or I want my 4.95 back for the "free" replacement. They told me that they can't ship faster right now because they are going through a transition. haha, that's good. So you can ship standard, but only standard? How does that even make sense?

Long story short, they issued my refund and 2 days ago I had a full body shield for my Iphone 3g in the mail. Dumbasses.

But thanks....

:)

yrchern

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007

Same here but FINALLY I received everything today October 8. I sent them an email complaining I only got the shield, then they placed another order for me free of charge and asked me to send the shield I received earlier back. I'm not going to do that unless they send me an envelop with postage. :D

BTW, The product is easy to apply if you got the tools and read the instruction or watch the video.

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
Same here but FINALLY I received everything today October 8. I sent them an email complaining I only got the shield, then they placed another order for me free of charge and asked me to send the shield I received earlier back. I'm not going to do that unless they send me an envelop with postage. :D

BTW, The product is easy to apply if you got the tools and read the instruction or watch the video.

Yeah I'm not so sure I want to send the shield back. I mean I spent enough time on it, that I'm only willing to apply the new shield when I have a lot more free time.

But yeah, I only received the shield too. I wonder how many people have had to deal with the same problem. But I was able to make my own solution, so it wasn't too bad. I have something covering my iPod, at least.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
not sure what Zagg's TOS is, but bodyguardz offers lifetime replacements on the condition that you send the old skin back. if you don't, you won't get anymore replacements. i would imagine Zagg has a similar policy. so if you don't mail it in now, you might be screwed if you ever need a replacement in the future. i'd say send it back. just stick it in an envelope, throw a stamp on and you're done. not too much hassle.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
I have used them for multiple ipods, and cell phones.

1) If you cannot get it to stick, that is YOUR FAULT. Completely.

2) The customer service is pretty bad if you work via email. I requested a replacement shield, and after a few emails and some mix up they sent me 2 replacement shields. Which makes me happy! :)

3) This is the BEST protection in production for an ipod. I have dropped my ipods, one fell in a toilet, they have been sat on stepped on, i have NEVER had an ipod fail on me, break, or anything of the sort.

Buy this shield. They are far superior than other forms of protection for an ipod.

Do NOT listen to people who cannot apply the shield. Just be patient and OCD about putting it on, and its worth it.

EDIT: P.s. They refunded all of my shipping costs on the 2 replacements. :) Good service.

larapumkin

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2008
wow guys there are more brands other than zagg ...zagg aint no best nowadyas there's bodyguardz, bse, sgp, fullbodyfilm etc.
surprized how the discussion on shield can be so different between iphone 3g accessory forum and this ipod touch forum, those two forums' links are located so close:eek:

tums

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2008
Power Support in my opinion is a much superior product.

powersupportusa.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.