Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ptthomson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2005
I have a mint condition mac 128k (just says macintosh) with the keyboard, mouse, carrying bag, orriginal software and an original apple imagewriter, I also have an external floppy drive though I suspect it is newer... any ideas on how much it is worth??? I appreaciate any input on this...

Thanks

Paul

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
What part of the world are you in? Due to supply and demand prices for classic Macs seem to be stronger in say the UK than the US.

ptthomson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Condition

Yeah it runs and it is great shape. I may have to sell it as I need some money for school. Would be willing to ship whereever.

Paul Thomson

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I'd say it's worth a decent chunk of change... no specific ideas, though. I'm more interested on general principle. Is the case yellowed, et cetera?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Expect a few of hundred if you sell it with all of the accessories. A complete CPU, keyboard, and mouse gets about $100-$200 from the auctions I saw and dealers. The carrying bag helps the price a bit, and the printer could be sold separately, but also brings a bit in too.

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
I've seen these bought (Buy it now) for upwards of $499 on eBay. To garner the top dollar you need to do the following.

1) Show the original box, disks, keyboard, mouse, and a least one doc. Power cord is key.

2) Show in pictures that the case has no pry marks and no yellowing. Put it side by side with a newer G3 beige if you have to, to show no yellowing.

3) Have finder 1.1g on original disk and running in the pics.

4) Mac designer Burell Smith favorite version of defender doesn't hurt to have. See "Insanely great story: Revolution in the Valley Show in pictures that the case has no pry marks.

5) Be the original good owner. i.e. show the 4.5V battery is perfectly maintained.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.