Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sutevejobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
6E237497-B74A-41AA-89D4-5C8DB0F7ECD2.jpeg

At first, the 0f0064 error popped up and spit out the floppy.
(This is an error that pops up because the ROM and floppy drive versions don't match, When I checked my Macintosh's ROM and floppy drive, it was -A ROM and -22 floppy drive) But when I put it back in, I could read the floppy, but it stopped on that screen

I referred to this article to solve the problem

If the 0f0064 error kept coming out, I'd have given up and gotten another floppy drive or emulator, but I think It can read the floppy.
I think put grease on the stepper motor, what do you think?

I'll attach a video, too

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
I ran into a similar issue with mine, ended up having to replace the floppy drive itself. I don't remember getting any error on the Mac itself but it would keep spitting out the floppy.

Sutevejobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
I ran into a similar issue with mine, ended up having to replace the floppy drive itself. I don't remember getting any error on the Mac itself but it would keep spitting out the floppy.
As you can see from the video, It dosen’t spit out Floppy anymore! Are you saying that you've experienced "welcome to Macintosh" being stopped without progressing on the screen?

Sutevejobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
If you have a video, I'd appreciate it if you could attach it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.