Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2021
Hey guys so I am hour ago ordered preordered the new AirPods and it says it’s currently processing and they have everything they need to complete order does this mean the payment has gone through?

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
That is not my experience, at least when using Apple Pay or a credit card, and I have ordered many Apple products.
I get a "pending" charge when it reaches "preparing to ship," and final payment when it reaches "shipped." I don't recall having had payment go through when "processing." "Processing" is also the last stage at which you can cancel the order.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 6.06.26 PM.png

Last edited:

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
for comparison,

I just ordered a series 7 watch,

Ordered on Friday the 8th
card charged on Tuesday the 12th
watch left Shanghai Tuesday the 12th.
delivered on "launch day" Friday the 15

so as Wilberforce said, they charge when it actually ships or slightly before

it's been the same for things with a long lead time, it might sit as pending on apple's site for weeks/months, but they don't charge till it ships. There is also no hold on the card during that time, They just put it through at shipping, not sure what happens if the card declines at that time.

BUT... saying all that, since launch day for those is Tuesday, it should probably ship & charge today or tomorrow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.