Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
As per the title, I have a samsung LCD display (C68) on my SR MBP that i purchased on June. This is my first mac. I have been told by a couple of my mac using friends that MBPs that ship with samsung LCDs are a bunch of crap, and they are yellow in the bottom 1/3.

I don't see any yellow tint anywhere on the screen (unless I view it from a side). Looking straight on, the screen looks just normal to me. My pals still say that I am a dumb@ss for not exchaning my current MBP for a MBP with an LG screen.

so being completely clueless to what differences LG/Samsung screen might make, do you think I made a mistake by keeping my Samsung fitted MBP?

One thing is for sure- the forum boards are filled with people having problems with Samsung screens...

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
There were some problems with the Samsung screens, however, these problems do not even come close to affecting all the screens.

If you don't see anything wrong with your screen, then nothing is wrong with your screen. I see no reason to return it. The problems that were experienced were their from the factory so if you don't have them now, you won't ever.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Keep it. If it doesn't have the tint straight on, it doesn't have it an should never have it. Just imagine: "Hey Apple, I want to exchange my MBP because of the company who made its screen." Forums are a bad place for reinforcement, people complain more when they have a problem than when they don't.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
your friends are full of crap

i love samsung screens i will never buy another LG product if i dont have to, if you dont see a problem, its not something thats going to develop later on its either there or it isnt, so if you dont see a problem dont worry about it

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
good to know that not all samsung screens are affected. the mbp's treating me well, so I just wanted to make sure that an issue wont develop later on.

thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.