Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geronimo14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
A5E4C88E-AB85-474B-981D-CA09BDC26CE2.jpeg
F89DF66D-1F4A-4FD4-AE34-EC34D6A61CBB.jpeg
8B18ACE1-CB2E-4CF3-9826-A6206EEA9ED4.jpeg
ADD21EE1-0051-4FE6-94AD-E9052A6CBFE4.jpeg
DA7A383B-0151-431D-8D95-892A39D6D631.jpeg
Hello everyone! I have an Apple IIe that my father bought me back in 1985 I believe (trying to find the receipt in the paperwork still) that I’m wanting to sell. It has 2 floppy disk drives, a bunch of programs and still turns on. I really don’t remember much about how to use it and all, especially since I used it primarily for schoolwork and playing games (Oregon Trail, Karatika or Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego, anyone?!), and aside from being dusty and a bit faded, it’s in pretty good shape. Even if I ended up selling it for parts, I suppose that would be worth something but think someone would love this thing for being complete?
I have no idea where to start with the selling of it. I don’t know if I should take it in somewhere to have it checked out first, and if so, who to trust to give me reliable information about it’s working status and worth.
Any help or information about this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
View attachment 762607 View attachment 762608 View attachment 762609 View attachment 762610 View attachment 762611 Hello everyone! I have an Apple IIe that my father bought me back in 1985 I believe (trying to find the receipt in the paperwork still) that I’m wanting to sell. It has 2 floppy disk drives, a bunch of programs and still turns on. I really don’t remember much about how to use it and all, especially since I used it primarily for schoolwork and playing games (Oregon Trail, Karatika or Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego, anyone?!), and aside from being dusty and a bit faded, it’s in pretty good shape. Even if I ended up selling it for parts, I suppose that would be worth something but think someone would love this thing for being complete?
I have no idea where to start with the selling of it. I don’t know if I should take it in somewhere to have it checked out first, and if so, who to trust to give me reliable information about it’s working status and worth.
Any help or information about this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Not sure about the US, but here in Europe I've seen the same model with similar accessories shown at 250euros (290USD), and with 2 additional 'Disk II' external drives at 350euros (400USD), all fully serviceable.
I see on FleaBay that someone - methinks smoking something very dangerous - has one advertised at $35,000!!
What he/she ommitted to say was that the computer they sent that ad from has a defective keyboard with the '0' key sticking.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.