Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
Today, after the keynote, I placed an order for a Mac Pro. The specs are as follows:

2.66GHz Quad
2GB Ram
X1900 XT
Apple Extreme & BT
250GB HDD

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for it to come. Geez, this is the hardest part!!! :D

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Today, after the keynote, I placed an order for a Mac Pro. The specs are as follows:

2.66GHz Quad
2GB Ram
X1900 XT
Apple Extreme & BT
250GB HDD

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for it to come. Geez, this is the hardest part!!! :D

Just about to do the same, though I'm probably going to buy a stock config from amazon. This'll be pretty cool since I've got all these HD's sitting around from my just sold PowerMac, I'm going to have 1TB :eek: of storage. That's obscene, really. 3 years ago I only had a 10GB HD!

Shame that OWC ram thing didn't work out.

yt

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
I got a great deal too. I joined the Student ADC program and damn isn't it great to get a 20% discount on that Mac Pro. Hell no would I have ever been able to afford the regular price of this setup.

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
Tomorrow is the big day! It should arrive sometime in the afternoon. Man, I just can't wait. :D

Mine is the same spec but except with only 1GB of RAM. Does having 2GB of RAM make that much of a big different?

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Mine is the same spec but except with only 1GB of RAM. Does having 2GB of RAM make that much of a big different?

Mine has had 1 gb of RAM, and I really want to upgrade now....I run out of RAM all the time. But I can't afford to buy a second gig right now so I will have to wait. I run out of ram all the time...I am not even a "pro" user......:D

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
Mine has had 1 gb of RAM, and I really want to upgrade now....I run out of RAM all the time. But I can't afford to buy a second gig right now so I will have to wait. I run out of ram all the time...I am not even a "pro" user......:D

Me too. I'm really hope Apple Ram price would drop. It is ways too expensive right now. There is 3rd aftermarket one, but I'm still skeptical. Especially when it comes to Ram. I hope with all the competition aftermarket Ram out there, maybe Apple will drop the price. Doesn't look like it though :( .

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Me too. I'm really hope Apple Ram price would drop. It is ways too expensive right now. There is 3rd aftermarket one, but I'm still skeptical. Especially when it comes to Ram. I hope with all the competition aftermarket Ram out there, maybe Apple will drop the price. Doesn't look like it though :( .

I don't mind buying third party both those prices are still kinda expensive.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
Well I got it today, but unfortunately I was called into work and I have classes tonight, so I don't expect to be able to play with this thing until sometime in the late evening. :( But either way, I am happy that it has made it home.

Are there any tests I should perform?

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
Well I got it today, but unfortunately I was called into work and I have classes tonight, so I don't expect to be able to play with this thing until sometime in the late evening. :( But either way, I am happy that it has made it home.

Are there any tests I should perform?

Yes, it come with Mac OS X Install disk. You can use it to startup to perform hardware test. Also, try Techtool Pro if you have it to run a test.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004

Are you running Safari?

Safari has massive memory leak problems and I find you have to quit and restart it every few hours otherwise your machine grinds to a hault.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Are you running Safari?

Safari has massive memory leak problems and I find you have to quit and restart it every few hours otherwise your machine grinds to a hault.

Yes I do use Safari. I even quit it once in awhile to try help with that problem. But I still run out of RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.