Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
can I get some advice/suggestion on which year model and gb to buy? compatable screen size or a bit larger and finally a good reputable source for refurbed iphones.--I intend to buy one, take it to a fix it shop have them set up and transfer my straight talk account over to new phone? what am I am missing? and what to do with the original iphone 6s+ works well but battery goes flat quicker than I think it should- and I would like a wireless charger for it...Thanks all -
as you know I could spend days looking on line ...much better to come to you all for solid mostly proven advice.thank you all

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I upgraded from the 6s Plus to a 12 Pro Max when it launched. Almost exactly the same size, but screen is much larger because of the thin bezels. Big upgrade all around IMO, much better camera, faster processor. Battery life was terrific when I first got it, but after a year wasn't as impessive (although still very good for my use). Now, after over three years, battery is still fine for me although my usage is very light.

Have used my old 6s Plus to test a web app I'm developing and with a wide lens adapter as an extra camera for a video shoot. Other than that, it just sits on a shelf unused. Planning to keep the 12 Pro Max for awhile, don't really see any features I want on the new phones.

The only thing I don't like about the new phone is that there's no option for a landscape home screen. Evidently that went away with the first "notch phones". But disappointing if you sometimes use the phone as a GPS in the car in landscape view. That works fine with an app or website, but when you go back the the home screen, everything is sideways!

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
well thank you for that --I was hopeful to get more feed back ..I have been told by one guy an 8 or an 11 ...so I will leave this up for a while -after xmas maybe, some suggestions?...proven...thanks all

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
thank you the screen real estate is a big deal for me...old eyes....will see what I can find out about refurb- the thing for me is my 6s+ cannot be upgraded- a lot of stuff, my bank for instance prefers the upgraded ios...that is my main motiviation-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.