Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtmav

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
I have a Rev C Air with the SSD, snow leopard 10.6.1 and all of a sudden I have lost the pinch and squeeze, three finger swipe.:confused: All that works is the scrolling. Checked in system preferences and all of the appropriate boxes are checked. Any idea?
Thanks for any help,

JTMav

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I'd install MultiClutch and see if that works if not - bring it in to the Genius Bar

(MultiClutch might kick it back into gear working for the regular system trackpad)

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
I have a Rev C Air with the SSD, snow leopard 10.6.1 and all of a sudden I have lost the pinch and squeeze, three finger swipe.:confused: All that works is the scrolling. Checked in system preferences and all of the appropriate boxes are checked. Any idea?
Thanks for any help,

JTMav

Have you tried doing an SMC reset?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

"The System Management Controller is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is on the logic board of the computer. As the name implies, it is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping."

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Shut down your computer normally.
Press (only once and shortly) left shift + left control + left option keys and the power button.
Wait 5 seconds
Turn the computer on. The sleep light should blink shortly.

This worked for me when I was having this issue with my MacBook.

jtmav

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Have you tried doing an SMC reset?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

"The System Management Controller is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is on the logic board of the computer. As the name implies, it is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping."

That did it!:D Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Best,
JTMav

deltaiscain

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Me and a friend had this on our MBP Penryn's, however after a couple of restarts it worked again :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.