Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
IMG_5291.png
IMG_5292.jpeg
Wtf

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Did you previously have "Recent Music" turned on? If so, then whatever was downloaded to your watch at the time is probably still on the watch even though that setting is now turn off.

I had the same issue with my watch. After turning that setting off, my watch still indicated that it had 1 gigabyte of music on it. However, after restarting my iPhone, the Music storage went down to next to nothing.

Reactions: felixen

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Did you previously have "Recent Music" turned on? If so, then whatever was downloaded to your watch at the time is probably still on the watch even though that setting is now turn off.

I had the same issue with my watch. After turning that setting off, my watch still indicated that it had 1 gigabyte of music on it. However, after restarting my iPhone, the Music storage went down to next to nothing.
I have. I just tried restarting both my watch and iPhone though and unfortunately I still have the 800 mb of used storage. So odd

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I have. I just tried restarting both my watch and iPhone though and unfortunately I still have the 800 mb of used storage. So odd
I suspect that the content really is no longer there, but the watch itself is failing to update amount of storage it shows as being used.

Another way to perhaps to get the amount to reset would be go into the Library of the Music app, select one of the songs and try to play it. (Shut down your phone before trying this, otherwise the Watch might simply try to play the music file on the phone itself.) If you do this, I think you'll find that the Watch is unable to play the song, even though it appears to still be in the library.

After that, check the storage again and see if the amount has changed.

Hope this works for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.