Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
As some of you may have known folding crashed my mac pro for the longest of time with no help from stanford. Well i just started increase and the problem appears to be gone. So i will hopefully be climbing the ranks once again. :D

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
I am back into the top 20 producers :D (macman64) and i hope to be moving up the ranks soon.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
@#$%*&!(%#@!)!!!!!! A bit frustrating that I'm gonna lose a spot again... :mad:

haha yeah you remember when i was bugging you about going to pass you? Then i had those problems with it crashing my system...but they must have fixed it now. I am back at it...:p

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
I'm casually folding on two machines lately. I could help you lose the spot more slowly. :D

Or you could contribute to me, so I can hit 1 million points and transfer my future cycles to Dreadnought's name as promised upon that milestone.

ObsidianIce

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Seventh Circle of Hell
welcome back! I've restarted recently as well. all seems weel except for a minor issue i have with my dual G5..seems to stop folding at odd times. I'm thinking it's a mobile account issue but i'll work it out hopefully.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
welcome back! I've restarted recently as well. all seems weel except for a minor issue i have with my dual G5..seems to stop folding at odd times. I'm thinking it's a mobile account issue but i'll work it out hopefully.

You have a mobile PowerMac? :eek:

What would the mobile account have to do with it? folding@home doesn't need a constant internet connection.

ObsidianIce

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Seventh Circle of Hell
You have a mobile PowerMac? :eek:

What would the mobile account have to do with it? folding@home doesn't need a constant internet connection.

Nah, a mobile user account on my work machine...everything resides on my cpu..but it also backed up to a server..so i can log into any machine anywhere, log into the network and drop my user account onto that machine. IT seems that when it back up to the server is occasionally just shuts down Increase, which i haven't had a chance to fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.