Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac1212

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I just got myself an mac mini and i really love it. Mostly use it for Plex as an media center, but here is the problem.

After 1 hour inactivity it's set to go to sleep. and when i wake it up it work fine for about 10 seconds then it goes back to sleep, and i have to wake it up again for it to work.

Problem also happend when i manually set it to sleep mode. Any ideas?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you tried an SMC reset?

Power
The computer doesn't respond to the power button when pressed.
A portable Mac doesn't appear to respond properly when you close or open the lid.
The computer sleeps or shuts down unexpectedly.
The battery does not appear to be charging properly.
The MagSafe power adaptor LED doesn't appear to indicate the correct activity.

from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Mac1212

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Have you tried an SMC reset?

Power
The computer doesn't respond to the power button when pressed.
A portable Mac doesn't appear to respond properly when you close or open the lid.
The computer sleeps or shuts down unexpectedly.
The battery does not appear to be charging properly.
The MagSafe power adaptor LED doesn't appear to indicate the correct activity.

from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
I Just read something about the screensaver, might could have to do with the problem, i disabled it to check and on the manually sleep it seemed to work, i'm just gonna wait for the inactivity sleep to hit it to be sure, if the problems return i will reset the SMC.

Thanks for the answer

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
This is actually a problem with Plex. They've fixed it but haven't released it in a full update. You can download the fix here, it also adds hardware acceleration for decoding of h.264 video if you have a 9400 chip.

Mac1212

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
This is actually a problem with Plex. They've fixed it but haven't released it in a full update. You can download the fix here, it also adds hardware acceleration for decoding of h.264 video if you have a 9400 chip.

well thank you, i used to get it with normal shutdown to, but maybe because plex was in the backround it still was bugged, anyway. thanks alot. How could i have missed that update, i have seen it Highlighted at plexapp.com for weeks now, but i have just ignored it. Stupid me . thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.