Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidgroyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
I signed up my Mac to revive pre-released software updates when they first came available and I signed up for the new beta program. What should I do? When I signed up, the webpage said I would receive an email with the download, but nothing has been received.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 2.57.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 2.57.45 PM.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 197

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple only released the beta to developers, you need to wait until they make it available to those who signed up to the public beta.

jmazzamj

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I signed up my Mac to revive pre-released software updates when they first came available and I signed up for the new beta program. What should I do? When I signed up, the webpage said I would receive an email with the download, but nothing has been received.

As the user above me posted DP and public beta are not the same.
As Apple stated during their keynote, the public beta will start the coming summer, not just yet.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
As others have said, it's not the public version thats released yet. It will be later this summer i think. I'm guessing that the developer version thats out at the moment, is not as stable as the public version will be, Apple will release the public beta test just to iron out small bugs.

panzaman

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
..besides, you are not loosing much, the beta is very laggy on my MacBook Retina late 2013. And 3rd party apps do not automagically use transparency and other stuff.
Control's animations are still low fps and not perfected yet. Some minor apple apps have not been converted yet to the new look. Think of iOS 7 first beta. We should have something worth having by the 5th or 6th beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.