Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
What can I do? I really don't know how it happened. It's not recognized on the "find my" app and isn't recognized on finder when I plug it in.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I get the indication that its plugged into a power source. I just can't turn it off.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have to have iTunes to reset it. I’m downloading it now. Maybe someone can answer the question I just asked. Can I have Apple Music as my main source of music and iTunes only for iPod touch problems.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have to have it hooked to a Macintosh. I just need to see if the Macintosh recognizes my iPod.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have to go to a friends house who has a Macintosh desktop. I don't have one, but I have to wait until she calls me back and to be honest, the weather is kind of crummy here. Since I don't drive. I have to wait until it clears up and she calls me.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
you only need a Mac when the iPod was originally formatted/installed from a Mac. If a Windows machine was used, you can use either OS. Of course you’ll need to have access to a Windows computer ?

Reactions: SigEp265

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't think I was too clear as to why I needed a second Mac and not my own MBA. My iPod wasn't recognized on my MBA by finder or Apple Music. Though, something strange happened with my Apple Music a few minutes ago and I can't explain it because it only was like a second or two.

Though, this is kind of off-topic, my play counts for my Apple Music playlist (at least the one I listen to year-round) have been messed up. I downloaded song sergeant and there is quite a jump in a few play counts. I don't know if it's a coincidence that my iPod isn't working and the play counts on some (maybe not all) songs are out of whack.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I just thought of something... I have an app from the App Store called Anyfix ~ iOS system recovery. Are any of you familiar with it? Especially if you locked your iPhone or iPod out. I'm going to try in the morning when I get up.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I actually have it corrected now. I literally reset it with a lot of help from Apple tech support over the internet. It's running again. I was just about to edit the title. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.