Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Hello everyone! New guy here. Nice to join this community.

After four years, 1100 rides, and spending $44 a month for a Peloton subscription, I finally canceled my account this morning after taking my first Apple Fitness+ cycle ride.

As someone who is retired, I don't need to spend that kind of money on a bike membership. In fact, for almost $10 less a month, I now subscribe to Apple One Premier and share a whole handful of Apple services with 5 other members of my family. You can't beat that!

I hooked up a 27" monitor I had lying around to Apple TV and put that in my workout room. Now, when I ride on my Peloton bike, I sync the Fitness+ ride to my watch and put my bike in JUST RIDE Mode. The Peloton still shows my cadence/resistance and calories burned while my heart rate and workout are displayed on the Fitness+ workout screen.

Okay, so here are my questions...

1. The immediate downside of switching to Apple Fitness+ is that it seems as if you can't filter out rides by workout intensity. I like doing 20-minute rides and it's easy to filter by music and instructor but there is no telling what kind of ride, intensity-wise you are getting. What do you guys do in that case?

2. I like to select my workouts before going on the bike. I see that you can browse the app on the iPhone or iPad and SAVE a ride. However, when I bring the app up on Apple TV I can't find where my saved rides are located for easy access. I am also assuming I can easily remove those saved rides after I have taken them?

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.