Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I just got a rev B 1.6 120gb 2gb DDR3 Ram macbook air i paid around 920.00 for it and iam just wondering how everyone likes theirs. Any problems? There is 9 months of warrenty left on it and is it worth me buying a new applecare?

akbc

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Buying AppleCare cannot hurt you, so I always say why not...

I've had 1.86 SSD Rev. B for a while and it was a great machine. Rev B.'s are really good and I hope you can enjoy your purchase too :)

Congrats!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congrats and good luck and long may you enjoy your MBA. I have Applecare on my MBP and I strongly recommend it; not only will it give you peace of mind (for three years rather than one) but it will easily pay for itself should anything go wrong.

Cheers and good luck

RSW

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
I just got a rev B 1.6 120gb 2gb DDR3 Ram macbook air i paid around 920.00 for it and iam just wondering how everyone likes theirs. Any problems? There is 9 months of warrenty left on it and is it worth me buying a new applecare?

I have had my Air for around 5 weeks and brought it to the Apple store here in FL for a software issue, and a clicking sound under my power button. The clicking sound has been reported in numerous posts here. Anyways, I just picked it up today, and Apple had to replace the hard drive. So far, everything seems fine. :D

Thezine

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009

Hello,

I would like to know if you are satisfied by the speed and the overall performance of the rev B 1.6 120gb. I have the opportunity to get the 1.6 ghz now but i don't know if I have to wait longer to get the 1.8 128 ssd instead.
My general use of the MBA would be the Web Browsing (Lot of research), office processing, movies ... basic stuff .

Thank you very much for the answer of that question about the performance of your MBA and your happiness using it ; )

dudeitsjay

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Hello,

I would like to know if you are satisfied by the speed and the overall performance of the rev B 1.6 120gb. I have the opportunity to get the 1.6 ghz now but i don't know if I have to wait longer to get the 1.8 128 ssd instead.
My general use of the MBA would be the Web Browsing (Lot of research), office processing, movies ... basic stuff .

Thank you very much for the answer of that question about the performance of your MBA and your happiness using it ; )

I would say that the 1.6/HDD is sufficient at handling those daily activities, but it can be greatly improved. I would say, if you can get the SSD, then do it. I sold my 1.6 because, in the end, I got tired of the frequent skipping for movies and streaming and load times for apps like itunes and word... Nothing that's a deal breaker for most, but for me it was. That ipod hdd in these hdd rev b's are slow..

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
my 1.8ghz 80gb Rev. A is wonderful! Instead of applecare, I got a warranty from SquareTrade. They cover everything that applecare does, and with quicker turnaround. I haven't had any issues with my MBA (fingers crossed) so I can't tell you how well they handle claims, but it is much cheaper than applecare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.