Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
I was on my new iPad Pro and went to my iCloud drive then to the Preview folder to open some PDF files. When I tap the PDF to view the document it always wants to open in Pixelmatr and only converts the first page to an image to view. I cannot get it to open in Preview like it use to. I checked all the settings I can think of but don't see any "open with Preview" option, just "Open with Pixelmatr" and then the other choices are stuff like Copy in ... it seems like I lost the built in Preview functionality.

Anyone seen this or know where I can change the default opening of PDF files back to Preview?

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Removing Pixelmatr allowed the built in Preview on PDFs (from the iCloud drive) to start working again. Odd how it took it over even though it just handles images. I could not find a setting to re-assign the opening / viewing of PDF files to Preview with Pixelmatr installed.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Removing Pixelmatr allowed the built in Preview on PDFs (from the iCloud drive) to start working again. Odd how it took it over even though it just handles images. I could not find a setting to re-assign the opening / viewing of PDF files to Preview with Pixelmatr installed.
This is an old problem which pixelmator or Apple are not interested in fixing it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.