Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
I read some decent reviews on the AirPods 3 and this will be my first ever wireless earphones. So bear with me.

Gained around 10 pounds during this pandemic, desperately want to lose it. I figured music with exercise will motivate me more. Let's see how it works out. I hope they don't fall out. Weightloss is the primary reason I got them.

Also nifty for occasional Zoom calls, but my wired ones EarPods are still right in my drawer just in case.

TBH, I'm not even a phone person. I don't spend that much time calling ppl. So I never needed AirPods.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
If you plan to go running with them, cancel and order Airpods Pro instead! Transparency mode is amazing. Lets you listen but still hear your surroundings, so much safer.
Hahaha. I hate to buy and return.

I've actually had the 3 for a few days now. It works on my big ears and I understand how convenient it is. So far when I do cardio and HIIT, AirPods have stayed in my ears no problem.

The only drawback is I'm not used to charging SO many products (iPhone Apple Watch, MacAir, and now AirPods). And looking at the battery icon freaks me out as I see how quickly battery life depletes on these AirPods! How do you guys get used to it? How often do you upgrade your AirPods? I wonder if mine can even last one year!

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
the 3s are terrible for moving around. Terrible for gym. Got rid of them and got Beats Fit Pro. those are absolutely awesome and better sound.

Reactions: Soondae

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
the 3s are terrible for moving around. Terrible for gym. Got rid of them and got Beats Fit Pro. those are absolutely awesome and better sound.
how do they compare with the original AirPods. Mine are dying and I can't decide to play it safe an get another pair of the OGs or get the 3s. I already have the pros and love them but sometimes I just want something easy to pop in my ear for a quick phone call, around the house, etc.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
how do they compare with the original AirPods. Mine are dying and I can't decide to play it safe an get another pair of the OGs or get the 3s. I already have the pros and love them but sometimes I just want something easy to pop in my ear for a quick phone call, around the house, etc.
get AirPods 2. going from 2 to 3s I didnt notice much difference except 2s stayed in ear and were easy to put in without pain after some time. my family members recently got 2s for $100 on sale. The 2s had good battery life even after 2 years for me. I would either go with 2s or the Beats Fit Pro but I only use headphones for gym sessions so the 2s sometimes fall out during bench press. Beats Fit Pro do hurt my ear after an hour but im getting used to it. Beats are by far best audio quality and easy controls with physical button on each side.

If I used headphones for anything else but working out, if go back to the 2s. small, easy to slip on, no pain, no fallouts, good sound quality. All the others I didnt mention here suck. The OG are the best for the average person. the 2s also do wireless charging and connect better to devices. The 3s have nice magnetic wireless charging but they dont have much to offer over the 2s. 3s are overrated. Apple really messed this up.

Reactions: puckhead193

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
Obviously, everyone's ears are shaped differently. My AP3 fits just fine. Plus it is a great sounding earphone. Much better than the older AirPods.
But I think an IEM is a better bet for workouts.

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Actually I've had my AirPods 3 for a while now. It's my first pair of wireless earphone, and I must be lucky because they fit just fine. I workout and join Zoom calls with ease.

But most of the time (day) I don't wear them. Just for exercise and video conferencing. :)

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Absolutely agree, this is exactly what I did.
I also found the battery on BFP lasts much better than AP3.
The only thing I don't like about BFP is wind noise (like during cycling). Transparency and noise cancellation make the wind noise worse, too. (It's not a matter of a poor seal or fit. The external mic and vents pick up the wind noise.)

ouruniverse06131986

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2021
I read some decent reviews on the AirPods 3 and this will be my first ever wireless earphones. So bear with me.

Gained around 10 pounds during this pandemic, desperately want to lose it. I figured music with exercise will motivate me more. Let's see how it works out. I hope they don't fall out. Weightloss is the primary reason I got them.

Also nifty for occasional Zoom calls, but my wired ones EarPods are still right in my drawer just in case.

TBH, I'm not even a phone person. I don't spend that much time calling ppl. So I never needed AirPods.
I Just bought mine on Friday at the Apple Retail store in person. I was debating all morning I just walk in and said “fu kit” and bought then right away before I regret it. You are Going to LOVE THEM the price is sooo worth it and I guess the biggest thing is spatial audio but I don’t really care about that I care about battery life which is perfect for me so you are going to love them.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
I Just bought mine on Friday at the Apple Retail store in person. I was debating all morning I just walk in and said “fu kit” and bought then right away before I regret it. You are Going to LOVE THEM the price is sooo worth it and I guess the biggest thing is spatial audio but I don’t really care about that I care about battery life which is perfect for me so you are going to love them.
Yes. I've been enjoying mine tremendously . I figured 3rd gen is pretty steady so it's time to get one.

Audio quality and battery life are impressive. I fall asleep with mine while listening to sleep stories on CALM.

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
Am just going to hijack this thread slightly and ask if anyone has experience using AirPods Pro for exercise?

atm I have set of AirPods 2 which are my general day-to-day earbuds, and an ageing pair of Plantronics headphones for exercise. I'm planning to get some AirPods Pro later in the year anyway for the noise cancelling, but will I be able to replace the Plantronics with them as well? What's the sweat proofing like, is the fit good enough for all that bouncing around, etc?

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Am just going to hijack this thread slightly and ask if anyone has experience using AirPods Pro for exercise?

atm I have set of AirPods 2 which are my general day-to-day earbuds, and an ageing pair of Plantronics headphones for exercise. I'm planning to get some AirPods Pro later in the year anyway for the noise cancelling, but will I be able to replace the Plantronics with them as well? What's the sweat proofing like, is the fit good enough for all that bouncing around, etc?
I absolutely hated the APP for use while exercising. I always found them uncomfortable and I could never have a treadmill run without loosing the right pod. I have replaced them with the Beat Fit Pro, same wonderful sound and ANC but with a completely secure fit and comfort.

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
I absolutely hated the APP for use while exercising. I always found them uncomfortable and I could never have a treadmill run without loosing the right pod. I have replaced them with the Beat Fit Pro, same wonderful sound and ANC but with a completely secure fit and comfort.

thanks, that's a shame. I'll probably pick some up anyway and then I can give it a go, the Plantronics are still more than decent as headset purely for exercising if it doesn't work out.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
I just received my AirPods Pro today, and I also will use them for workouts/exercise activities they are great for the job

This time I will not be returning them unless they are defective, I always return them then regret it in the future hence always repurchasing them

As long as I do not abuse the return systems at retailers I won't feel bad but I'll go ahead and keep these :p

Reactions: GrandeLatte

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
I accidentally dropped one AirPod in the bathwater the other day when I was washing my dog. Quickly dried it off with a towel and it's functioning just fine. Mine are working great. No complaints really.

Intend to keep mine for at least 1-2 years before upgrade.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
My AirPods Pro are miserable to workout with. I can hear every step I take no matter the mode I’m in (transparency/ANC/off). It’s so annoying. That said they are so easy to put in, I love them for phone calls.

The BFP are awesome for working out tho. I hear nothing when walking or running. Music sounds better too on them. Bass is way better. That said their ANC isn’t as good as APP.

Reactions: Soondae
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.