Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
best price i can get right now for a 13PM is between $570 (trade in to Apple) - &700 (sale privately). 13PM being the last U.S. spec iphone that still has a sim card slot makes me want to hold onto it, in case i go to another country that has issue with esim, other than that, i have no other use for it. the value for 13PM will go down drastically when this trading in for phone 15 wave passes by. should i keep or get rid of the 13PM?

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
I'd sell it and just buy a cheap phone when traveling to a country with issues with eSIM.

One thing I wish I did was sell all my devices once I upgrade as it just ends up getting a bad battery after years of 0% charge, something on display or lost in a desk's drawer.

Last edited:

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
its better to sell now itelf, Since you mentioned you wont be using 13 PM other than for physical sim slot. Now, the operators supporting e-sim increased across globe and its only gonna get better down the lane. so no point keeping a 600$ worthy phone idle without any use

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
I’ve always had regrets when I kept onto my old iPhones. Mostly because I could have sold them for so much more (if i hadn’t kept them)

Almost kept my 13 Pro Max this year but checked how much they were going for (i was guessing around $500 or so) and was surprised to see them going for $700+

Sold it for $700 last week and I am one happy dude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.