Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
He was a Mac bashing Windows loving set-in-his-ways college student. And then I took him to the Apple store in Soho... And he bought a MIDI keyboard. He hooked it up to his PC laptop at home and it worked... well... it was Nothing like GarageBand.

Anyway, yesterday he's like dude I need a favor. He needed to borrow some money and use my credit card, and he wouldn't tell me what he was getting. Before I let him use it, he finally told me and i was like no WAY. He bought a 20" iMac... and it's on it's way from China now. I told him I was gonna set it all up, and I think I'm more excited about it than he is. Hahaha. Ok that's my story I'm done.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Good work. I know a few people I can switch if I keep working on it, (also trying to broaden one person's musical tastes at the moment too, and have already successfully introduced them to a few bands/artists). Might be a little project for next year, how many can I switch.:p

achie25

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
I have switched 2 in the past month and I have another who is going to do it in january.
I think Jobs owes me a cut

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I wonder if Dell users have switcher stories about how they got someone to switch from HP or Gateway to Dell? Or a Linux person getting someone to switch from Windows. The Apple customer base really helps Apple with sales more than Apple.

I am surprised CompUSA doesn't have a clue and make the Apple section the central part of the store and really showcase it. They would make more money from 1 Mac person than 10 Windows people if they treated Mac people really good.

themacmaestro

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2005
MacFan782040 said:
He was a Mac bashing Windows loving set-in-his-ways college student. And then I took him to the Apple store in Soho... And he bought a MIDI keyboard. He hooked it up to his PC laptop at home and it worked... well... it was Nothing like GarageBand.

Anyway, yesterday he's like dude I need a favor. He needed to borrow some money and use my credit card, and he wouldn't tell me what he was getting. Before I let him use it, he finally told me and i was like no WAY. He bought a 20" iMac... and it's on it's way from China now. I told him I was gonna set it all up, and I think I'm more excited about it than he is. Hahaha. Ok that's my story I'm done.

Can I be your friend? I need some $$ too.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Awesome job MacFan782040! :)

About two weeks ago, I convinced one of my friends at college to buy an iMac G5 as well. Two less windoze users! Woo Hoo! :D :)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
A friend of mine inquired about switching. She seemed open to it, but her father is pretty damn set against it, and she "doesn't like going behind his back". I told her to tell him that I'll take care of any support it needs.

Morn

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Linux users are often equally fanatical you know, heh. The idea of open source and free software is a powerful idea that many people get behind.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm impressed. Here's your white cloak and Apple badge. I'll show you the secret handshake later.

You're still quite a low ranking member of this cult, so your task now is to walk door-to-door in a white shirt and tell them all about your religion........."Apple." Then offer them an orange just to confuse the snot out of them.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Congratulations, you get an Apple goody bag full of "I switched a Windows Freak" memorabilia, courtesy of Steve! Soon, he'll be a member of macrumors, and buying everything Steve puts out, just like the rest of us...

Jason Bourne

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2005
Dude - congrats and all on helping a friend see the light, but honestly, it's not that hard to get people to switch to Mac if you pay for them to do so.

I bet I could convert hundreds of people if I used my credit card. :D

Anyway, I'm just giving you a hard time. Hope your friend enjoys his imac.

Oh - and just to add a little bit to this thread- I just plugged in my brand new Quad G5. Digging it!

jwp1964

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Enterprise, KS
Forced switch times two....

Last January I bought my Dad an eMac to replace his ancient Compaq and Christmas morning my brother/sister-in-law will open a large package that holds a Mac Mini, 17" Sony LCD, Harmon Kardon Speakers and a MacAlly Keyboard and mouse.

If my brother/sister-in-law are half as pleased as my Dad has been it will be another successful "forced switch". I switched two years ago this month. :D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.