Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
I am currently testing out the Apple's Passwords Manager, I replicated my entire 1Password 300+ entries including 2FA. All seem to be working well and fast. I love about this integrate well with Safari and Hide My Email as well.

Only thing I wish is a standalone app instead of having to visit my System Settings > Passwords or Safari Settings.

I know in Sonoma is changing how it handles Passwords login for third party browser. This is good.

One minor issue is that some websites have different domains (not subdomains) that uses the same login database. The Passwords complains about duplicating passwords.

I want to merge into one entry like some entry has like (example.com and auth.example.com) this only works for subdomains but not an entire different domain. And you cannot add more new subdomain, it automatically add it if you tries to login on the website and manually choose the entry. Also it will only add if it is a subdomain from the primary domain.

Like shopperplus.ca, 123ink.ca, primecables.ca is the same website company just different division but same login.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Keychain Access.app (in your Applications/Utilities folder)- but it's kind of a hot mess to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.