Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
My 15 Pro has been amazing so far but I’m noticing a few times a day where I tap or swipe, nothing happens. Never had this issue on my iPhone 12. I have noticed however that iOS 17 has some animations that NEED to finish before you can tap, like the Lock Screen fade in.

Anyone else having some of their taps not recognized on the 15 Pro?

Screen seems fine 99% of the time which makes me think it might just be software related.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Having the same issue - in some apps I find I can’t tap close to the edges of the screen and sometimes the wrong letters are hit on the keyboard.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Yes! Was just at the Apple Store in Dallas last night for this. Screen becomes unresponsive. I’ve noticed it frequently when using the camera and maps. They even ran a test which failed. They first told me they would exchange phones but then backtracked and said I would have to send it in. I was so ticked after spending an hour with the ‘genius’. After being an Apple guy since a very young man in 1990, I’m really starting t weary of this company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.