Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suijkerwerk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2013
As from the day I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a 6S, I keep making the same mistake: That is trying to change volume with the power button. You can guess why...

Today I did it again... Pushed the power button several times in a very short period.

Is this in anyway harmful for your device (like your screen)? Because if so, I need to get to a clinic for this bad habit ;-p

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
As from the day I upgraded from an iPhone 5S to a 6S, I keep making the same mistake: That is trying to change volume with the power button. You can guess why...

Today I did it again... Pushed the power button several times in a very short period.

Is this in anyway harmful for your device (like your screen)? Because if so, I need to get to a clinic for this bad habit ;-p
It took a while to get used to the 6s and I'm still not totally used to it.

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
I have the opposite problem - when trying to press the power button, my grip tends to press the volume down button instead.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
After nine years of using iPhones with the power button on top, I'm often pressing the power button by mistake just handling the phone as I normally would. Other than that, it's actually more convenient to have it on the side for quickly pressing with your thumb to check the time as opposed to a button on top.

webwbr

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011

THIS! I hung up a call today doing that. Given I have an iPod Air 2 I'm finding it really hard to make one way or the other a "habit." Yes... totally a problem from the first world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.