Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I was waiting to see if the 5 had a wider screen, and it doesn't appear so. But if I did go try an aneroid what's is the best in terms of batttery life? That's my most important feature when getting a nee phone

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I was waiting to see if the 5 had a wider screen, and it doesn't appear so. But if I did go try an aneroid what's is the best in terms of batttery life? That's my most important feature when getting a nee phone

Razr Maxx has the best battery of any smartphone on the market, including the iPhone. Lot of options out there though.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Razr Maxx has the best battery of any smartphone on the market, including the iPhone. Lot of options out there though.

Is the screen at least on par with most phones? Every noniphone I use I notice how good iphones screeens are

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Is the screen at least on par with most phones? Every noniphone I use I notice how good iphones screeens are

I never had a problem with it but it didn't get the best reviews. However luckily for you a new Razr is coming out, the Razr HD which will have a very nice screen. The battery will be big but not as big as the current Maxx.

Personally, I'll only buy Nexus devices from now on. Then just buy an extended battery if I feel I need it.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
HTC One X has he best screen, build and design, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has the most features and highest specs, the Motorla RAZR MAXX has the best battery life, and the Galaxy Nexus has the best software.

Depending on the carrier you're on, I would recommend the One X or Galaxy Nexus.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
If yer lookin for high tech sex - iness, the two top contenders at this time are HTC OneX Which supposedly has a better screen than the Samsung Galaxy S3, however I personally find the S3 has more offerings in 2GB RAM, expendable storage, removable battery.

One X form factor is a bit prettier. (My opinion) Although now with the right case I am really enthusiastic about my S3. Yeah shallow of me but I can't help it!

If it was a matter of waiting for the iP5 or the Google Nexus phone, I would likely go for the Nexus IF IF IF, they make great leaps in their camera and battery. I really liked everything else about it other than those two factors.

When you say SOLID, I am assuming you mean reliable and durable. If that is indeed the case, I don't think you can go wrong with either HTC or Samsung. Motorola does also put out a decent device.

Top 3 best rep: Samsung, HTC, and Motorola.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I would wait until the Nexus 2012 model and the Galaxy Note 2 are both out before buying this year. The new Nexus phone will probably make the iPhone 5 look pretty subpar by comparison.

Basically, Samsung is the only Android brand worth buying.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I would wait until the Nexus 2012 model and the Galaxy Note 2 are both out before buying this year. The new Nexus phone will probably make the iPhone 5 look pretty subpar by comparison.

What other vendors have you experienced?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Assuming their will be a new nexus this year. I have my doubts we will see key lime pie before mid 2013. I'm basing that off of nothing however so there is a large margin of error. :)

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
My 2¢... Your options are:

Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm using one now and it's very solid. Battery life on par with iPhone 4S. North American versions have 2GB of RAM. Screen is amazing.

HTC One X. Gets excellent reviews. LCD screen is better on battery than OLED. Limited carrier support in US.

Galaxy Nexus. Lots of software options if you like to flash ROMs, but really crappy battery life. GSM version a bit better than the VZW LTE version, but plan on keeping a spare battery with you. I dropped the LTE GNexus for a GS3 and I've been very, very pleased. Hardware (CPU, camera) is also a bit dated. Reception on the LTE model is crap (can't speak to the GSM version).

RAZR MAXX. Best battery on the market of any phone (something like 3200mAh) but screen resolution, CPU speed and camera getting a little dated. Reputation for very strong Motorola radios.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.