Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Binalong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2022
Sydney Australia
I have a Mac Pro 15 10,1 running Catalina and I use the Life Apps Pages, Numbers Keynote but after an software update these apps have gone and I cannot download them from the App Store. I can run the Microsoft versions but I like the Mac OS versions. Where are they and how can I keep using them?

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
after an software update these apps have gone and I cannot download them from the App Store
What do you mean by "they're gone" and "you can't download them off the App Store"?

Like when you open the App Store, search for "Pages," "Numbers," and "Keynote," they just don't exist, or is it that there is an error trying to download or install them?

Binalong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2022
Sydney Australia
Yes when in the App Store I can download the apps but I get a message saying that I cannot complete the purchase as I must upgrade my operating system to the 11.1 or better. I assume that with Catalina that does not support the latest versions

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Yes when in the App Store I can download the apps but I get a message saying that I cannot complete the purchase as I must upgrade my operating system to the 11.1 or better. I assume that with Catalina that does not support the latest versions
Oh! I see what you're talking about.

Try going to your recent purchases in your Apple ID and downloading them like that. It should ask you to download the latest compatible version.

If this doesn't work, you have a bit of a problem, because you have to upgrade the OS, however:

You said it's a "Mac Pro 10,1" however there is no Mac Pro 10,1, so I'm assuming you're talking about a MacBook Pro 10,1 which is some flavor of 2012 Retina MacBook Pro. This can not run Big Sur 11.1 natively, so you will have to use OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) to upgrade past Catalina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.