Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteelHeart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Is this beauty gate ever going to be fixed ? I read it was fixed in 12.1 but I got my new phone XS max couple of days back but seeems it looked too odd.
Women may like but it looks so ugly for men

SteelHeart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
We need a picture posted so we can see the "pink".

This is not a "gate" as very few are posting about this.
K , may not be a gate
But my concern is the pics taken on XS front facing camera does look more pinkish and look softer than any of iPhones previous phones .is it intentional? If so why did they mention that thing in bug fixes while releasing 12.1 ?

Reactions: pmiron

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
K , may not be a gate
But my concern is the pics taken on XS front facing camera does look more pinkish and look softer than any of iPhones previous phones .is it intentional? If so why did they mention that thing in bug fixes while releasing 12.1 ?

Unless you can post an image we can not tell you much. I have not heard of Apple making the selfie camera induce a pink tint for the girls. The lighting you were in can also make a huge difference.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Do you consume anything containing niacin(vitamin B3) regularly?
NIACIN FLUSH
A small percentage of people are sensitive to Niacin (Vitamin B3) and may experience a “Niacin Flush” (hot prickly feeling, skin redness) that lasts a few minutes. This is caused by Niacin increasing blood flow near the skin.

Reactions: AppleHaterLover

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
What's that common Internet saying? "Post pics or GTFO" Nobody here can help you otherwise, without physical representation of the problem, every answer is just speculation.

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
If it helps, my XS handles certain lighting conditions very differently to my previous iPhone. What the XS produces under bright, strong artificial lighting is a very pink skin tone which seemed quite jarring at first. Until I realised it’s actually a much truer representation of how skin actually looks to the eye under such lighting.

Reactions: pmiron

pmiron

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2022
I have the exact same issue and it is not just my iPhone SE 2020 but my sister’s SE as well. And not only the front facing camera but both. Faces look pink and faces are softer. I had an iPhone 8 before and iPhone 7 before that and I compared the cameras next to each other and the difference was very obvious. This is some kind of software photo enhancement but it just ruins the photo, the iPhones that didn’t have this “enhancement” took much more realistic photos. Any idea why apple is doing this?

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
i could see it too , i preferred the 8 plus front facing camera over the recent model iphones.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Do you consume anything containing niacin(vitamin B3) regularly?
NIACIN FLUSH
A small percentage of people are sensitive to Niacin (Vitamin B3) and may experience a “Niacin Flush” (hot prickly feeling, skin redness) that lasts a few minutes. This is caused by Niacin increasing blood flow near the skin.
Yep. Marmite 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.