Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkSteven990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
Recently I lost my good old ipod 4th touch screen I bought back in 2010. I'm concerned mostly because I had some bank information saved in my notes, some pictures of myself. My ipod had a passcode.

So last time I checked my ipod looked like this

7LBIEj3.png

As you can see, next to the slide to unlock people can slide the camera up to open the camera thus being able to check my photos?. Will this also enable them to press the main button and go to the main screen of my ipod bypassing the passcode? will then the person have access to all my stuff?

Last edited:

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
If the device is locked, the camera button will let someone take new photos and view the photos taken in that session, but not any others. Pressing the home button from the camera if the device is locked will take you back to the lock screen, not the home screen

Reactions: MarkSteven990

MarkSteven990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
If the device is locked, the camera button will let someone take new photos and view the photos taken in that session, but not any others. Pressing the home button from the camera if the device is locked will take you back to the lock screen, not the home screen
Can the person who found it, be able to unlock it without the pass? (with programs)
or is resetting to factory settings the only way to unlock it?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Can the person who found it, be able to unlock it without the pass?
or is resetting to factory settings the only way to unlock it?
They could potentially brute force your passcode if you don't have the option to wipe after 10 incorrect guesses set, but I don't think there's any other way

MarkSteven990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
They could potentially brute force your passcode if you don't have the option to wipe after 10 incorrect guesses set, but I don't think there's any other way
by brute force you mean guessing?
oh, and how about this gecko toolkit?

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
Recently I lost my good old ipod 4th touch screen I bought back in 2010. I'm concerned mostly because I had some bank information saved in my notes, some pictures of myself. My ipod had a passcode.

So last time I checked my ipod looked like this

7LBIEj3.png

As you can see, next to the slide to unlock people can slide the camera up to open the camera thus being able to check my photos?. Will this also enable them to press the main button and go to the main screen of my ipod bypassing the passcode? will then the person have access to all my stuff?
Don't worry , I lost my iPod touch 4 in the movie theater too. No one will see your personal content ...

I really don't miss my iPod touch . It was so slow with iOS 6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.