Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
And WHOA!

When the screen came on and I noticed the bezels I felt like I was transported to 10 years ago.

I miss the width, cannot lie about that but wow, those bezels really needed to go. I can’t go back to a regular iPhone now... it just felt so archaic. To think we were using this for so many years and how quickly you get accustomed to something new.

I’m still in a little bit of shock. :eek:

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Enjoy your phone

I had all the plus models and I can say after owning the X since launch day - I love it / size /performance =perfect IMO

Pascal325

Suspended
Oct 24, 2017
And WHOA!

When the screen came on and I noticed the bezels I felt like I was transported to 10 years ago.

I miss the width, cannot lie about that but wow, those bezels really needed to go. I can’t go back to a regular iPhone now... it just felt so archaic. To think we were using this for so many years and how quickly you get accustomed to something new.

I’m still in a little bit of shock. :eek:

This link really shows the width/length difference between the phones. I like the 8 plus due to that width you gain without shrinking the font.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/iPh...rison-Does-it-really-fit-more-content_id99644

alainshep

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I agree and this is why I was contemplating getting a Note 8. Then I thought about iMessage, 4K 60 video and my Apple Watch. I can not go back to using a plus.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the bezels are definitely variable for those who preferred them. I personally Never had an issue with the bezels/form on the iPhone 7/8 model, but I also like the improvements with the iPhone X.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
The bezels are not that outrageous but then again that’s only my opinion, these forums are like a dog trying to catch its own tail.... different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: DiveKitty

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
Really is in the eye of the beholder. I have no issues going back to the old design. I immediately notice the ease of the home button, and the seamless activation of control center.

They taketh and they giveth.

Reactions: lancastor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.