Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony34423

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Texas
I've been doing countless research on different methods of allowing flash player to play on my iPad but have had minimal results. Has one figured out how to fix this?

P.s. I've tried Frash & iSwitcher

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I've been doing countless research on different methods of allowing flash player to play on my iPad but have had minimal results. Has one figured out how to fix this?

Get yourself a VPN like Splashtop.View your desktop remotely is really the best option at this point.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Try the puffin browser it plays flash videos but not flash games. It also plays Hulu.

ppeewang

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
I bought splashtop with high expectations, but it just sucks! The functionality is great, the screen is crystal clear compared to RDP, but the reliablity sucks, it doesnt find my damn computers, any of them. I have to go and restart the app on the windows host manually everytime and that still doesnt work all the time.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Seems like a lot of bad reviews of bad lag with flash. I'm hesitant to try it, any positive feedback?

There is some lag with the video. I think it has a lot to do with your internet connection. But the strolling is perfect. iSwifter has the best video but the strolling is horrible. iSwifter recently did an upgrade and i need to check it out . The puffin browser is just 99 cent so give it a try. They do updates often. iSwifter is 1.99.

wargasm

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
I bought splashtop with high expectations, but it just sucks! The functionality is great, the screen is crystal clear compared to RDP, but the reliablity sucks, it doesnt find my damn computers, any of them. I have to go and restart the app on the windows host manually everytime and that still doesnt work all the time.

Dang

I use splashtop all the time to connect to my mac mini and it has worked perfect since I've had it "month".... Only thing I dont like is I have my taskbar autohide and I cant ever get it to "pop up" soooo I have to choose Safari thru applications up top...

War

peelers

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
Flash

there is a New Apps that just came out

Flash Video Expose, you might want to check that out at app store.

can watch video, play flash games etc...

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
There is some lag with the video. I think it has a lot to do with your internet connection. But the strolling is perfect. iSwifter has the best video but the strolling is horrible. iSwifter recently did an upgrade and i need to check it out . The puffin browser is just 99 cent so give it a try. They do updates often. iSwifter is 1.99.

Thank you, I purchased it and am quite happy with the flash video performance. As a web browser it's horrendous, but I'll only use it for some flash streaming. I've got swifter also and just find it utterly useless most of the time. Puffin was well worth the measly 99 cents though.

Now if only atomic browser put flash capability in the my search would be over.

Tony34423

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Texas
Thanks for all the feedback

I ended up purchasing 6 Apps to remotely use my desktop and laptop. The best by far is SplashTop. I ran across some trouble at first but now it works like a dream. It runs so fluently and fast. As someone mentioned formally the only problem is that my MacBook dock had to be locked onto the bottom screen in order to be used.

SplashTop 1.99

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
Puffin is awesome, thank you.

You often hear about browsers boasting flash support and then falling flat. This one actually does, even if its not 100% its the best native option there is.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

What do you need Flash for?

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I ended up purchasing 6 Apps to remotely use my desktop and laptop. The best by far is SplashTop. I ran across some trouble at first but now it works like a dream. It runs so fluently and fast. As someone mentioned formally the only problem is that my MacBook dock had to be locked onto the bottom screen in order to be used.

SplashTop 1.99

I'm assuming you didn't try LogMeIn Ignition because of the price. It's by far the best remote control solution IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.