Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pika1126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I need help digesting my IOS 15.8 diagnostic logs. I have an Iphone 7, and currently running IOS 15.8 on it. Something doesn't look right, and I hate that I can't go into my own logs to digest what's going on in each folder. I notice there has been a lot of strange network activity such as, CFNetwork, NSXPConnection, BSGNetworkAnalyticsManager, Hotspots-2023-11-13-105721.ips, com.apple.Webkit.Networking.diskwrites_resource, InstagramNotificationExtension, bluetoothd-2023-11-09-184432.ips, sharedCache and much much more. The errors only happen with my Iphone, not with any other device on my network. I also don't know why a thing like Hotspots would be on my logs, since I don't have any hotspots app. I go directly through my ISP, but maybe it's someone in the background trying to establish a connection and trick the device by using an Xfinity hotspot. I noticed it had said Xfinity (dot) comcast, which is my ISP provider, and there could be a possibility they know Xfinity is my ISP provider.

It's just strange, because sometimes my wifi will drop on only my Iphone, not necessarily because my internet dropped for a split second. Yesterday I was trying to airplay from an app I have on my phone called Roku Cast and iWebTV (which are basically the same thing, but one specifically for Roku), and it took forever to connect, even though I have highspeed internet. Not to mention I got an error message on my Roku TV screen on the iWebTV app, that read, "HTTP error: malformed headers or HTTP error result." Which indicates something weird with establishing the connection to the correct device, unless maybe someone or some app running in the background of my phone somewhere? Also the shared cache was kind of weird, since I don't share my Iphone with anyone or even have the find my Iphone, or location on. I don't get why I have daemons, and other certain daemons running in the background now, when I never had them before, until now. I can provide some code log examples, if anyone knows what is going on? I would highly appreciate it. I can also put a code block here for one of the logs if necessary. Or if anyone knows a good website that can translate some parts of these IOS logs for me? That would also be great!

I included two of my different suspicious logs here. One of them is my iWebTV log, which I got an HTTP error for when trying to connect my Iphone 7 to my Roku TV, and the other one is the Hotspot log, which I also found suspicious, given the fact that I don't have any hotspot apps installed on my phone itself, and I have my own ISP provider I go through to get internet such as xfinity. So I'm not sure if something i running in the background or not? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• iWebTVlog_and HotspotLog.txt
    55 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.