Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I often use the Universal Access "Zoom" function to make videos/pictures full-screen. However, when I do this the cursor remains large and in the middle of the screen.

Do any of you know any tips for how to remove the cursor, or make it disappear?

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
System Prefs. -> Universal Access -> Seeing -> Zoom Options -> and change to an option in the red circle that suits you the best.

That is the only way I know how. Good luck. Actually I just learned that a few minutes ago. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Attachments

• zoom.jpg
    zoom.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 104

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Some apps hide the cursor once you type on the keyboard. Others hide once you start playing video. But the BEST option is just to use the full-screen option of your player--if it has one.

As for Universal Access, note that it uses a small amount of CPU power even when you are NOT zoomed it. Command-option-8 (or * on keypad) will turn it on and off. I recommend turning it OFF--not just zooming to normal size--when you're done with it, to save CPU slowdown. (Once it's on, Cmd-opt-plus or minus will zoom in and out.)

Here are my recommended settings:

Set BOTH max AND min zoom to 2x. That way when you turn on zoom with cmd-opt-8, it will immediately go to 2x, and back to normal when you hit cmd-opt-8 again. That way cmd-opt-8 is the ONLY command you really need.

And when you want some zoom other than 2x, cmd-opt-plus and minus will still achieve that.

I like to enable Smoothing (your call--2x looks great without, other zooms less so), as well as Zoom Follows Keyboard Focus and Continuously With Pointer.

For your video needs, if you'd like to be able to get the pointer at the edge of the screen, use Only When the Pointer Reaches an Edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.