Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
..because it's sucking down the battery! I started with almost full, played an hour and a half and oops...less than half left. It's even more addictive now that I finally figured out how to get big multipliers.

I was just gonna play for a few minutes... :eek:

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
i guess to each their own. i tried aurora feint (was finally able to get past the splash screen when updated firmware to 2.1) and quite frankly i was bored out of my mind. i get far more enjoyment out of bejeweled. but i'm in the minority as i understand it, aurora feint is quite popular

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I don't "get" Aurora Feint either. I remember there was so much excitement about this app, and the fact that it was "so great for being free." But I too was bored out of my mind by playing it...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I don't "get" Aurora Feint either. I remember there was so much excitement about this app, and the fact that it was "so great for being free." But I too was bored out of my mind by playing it...

I don't understand what it is about the game... but I'm with the OP. Normally games of this genre don't last five minutes with me. And yet I'm obsessed with this one.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I was not so into it either until I started figuring out how to get bigger multipliers and now I'm obsessed with getting more and more and acquiring more and more levels, skills, etc.. I agree though...the first time I played it I was like "meh"... and then didn't come back to it for a week or so.

I've always liked the bejeweled type games but this one definitely brings a new dimension to that with the horizontal/vertical play and the levels and acquiring of resources and stuff. You're going for more than just a good score.

To each his own though...personally I don't get the infatuation with the "hidden objects" games by some people. Read the reviews for The Stone of Destiny and you'll see what I mean.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So we need to make this the official Aurora Feint thread, since there really doesn't seem to be one. :D

Some questions...

- Okay, now I know that I can double tap blocks to change them into the tools I loaded up during blueprint building... but regarding tools, I still don't really understand what the 2x and 3x tools (Strategist and Furie) do.

- Do the friend codes actually serve any valuable function at this time?

How far have you guys/gals/etc gotten levelwise?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.