Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithback

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
I ran across a school throwing away an Apple //e. I remember a game my friend had, but I am unable to remember the name.

You create a character with *randomly* assigned attributes. I think strength and magic ability were two of maybe 7 attributes. Then you enter the dungeon. The graphics are top-down, and i don't think the adventure was text-driven. The first "hall" was three times taller than wide and the first enemy you fight is an amoeba. Your character is a stick figure (airplane shape?) and the amoeba is very realistic. I think you fight with a sword, or maybe throw knives (little blips).

I don't think we ever got further than ten rooms into the game before we died at the ?hands? of the amoebae.

marvins_dad

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2003
Dallas
I believe you are talking about Wizardry... we had that game and I made it through the first one, but my brother made it through all of them - I think there were at least 3 or 4 sequals.

I recently thought that I saw an article somewhere saying that there was an emulator that would allow you to play your old IIe games on the latest Mac OS.

We had a IIe and I own a Mac Plus.

smithback

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Sorry I took so long to check back.

Wizardry is a great game, but I am certain that it is not the game I'm remembering. Maybe it was a homebrew. Thanks for trying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.