Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pseudomonas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
can anyone help me delete an old myspace account?
I do not have access to the email address anymore and I need it gone ASAP. The MySpace help centre is less than useless.

Any help would be really really appreciated.

TIA

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Aminoglycoside antibiotics typically work well at removing psuedomonas from the human body, not sure about MySpace though.

Besides continuing to talk to the help center I’m not sure. If it’s that serious I suppose you could get a lawyer.

Pseudomonas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Antipseudomonas beta lactam I find is better. Thanks - it seems impossible to do (MySpace)

Pseudomonas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Yes very old.....it’s some pictures I need removing as they appear in google...which when I was 20was fine...but 20years on....and given my job now...I need them gone...where are hackers when you need one.
[doublepost=1520035181][/doublepost]
If this is because of MySpace getting hacked a while back, I feel for ya.

The next best thing you can do is change the email address and password for any other accounts that use the same email as the old MySpace site. Make sure you do not use the same password for multiple sites.
Thanks...it’s not a worry I have about links to my emails and data now...it’s pictures I need gone...

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Could use a DMCA and claim it wasn't you who made the profile. It's not to the letter of the law, but if you're that desperate..

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Unfortunately everything on the web lives forever, and taking down the site may not prevent the pics from still showing up as cached images elsewhere
Without access to the email for a password reset or security questions, it will be difficult
Lawyering up may be the best course if it is that important, but will likely take time and money and still may not get results

Pseudomonas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Could use a DMCA and claim it wasn't you who made the profile. It's not to the letter of the law, but if you're that desperate..
DMCA?
[doublepost=1520035732][/doublepost]
Unfortunately everything on the web lives forever, and taking down the site may not prevent the pics from still showing up as cached images elsewhere
Without access to the email for a password reset or security questions, it will be difficult
Lawyering up may be the best course if it is that important, but will likely take time and money and still may not get results
Curse my stupid young self!, :-(
[doublepost=1520035768][/doublepost]
I'm assuming it is so old that there were no security questions, etc?
Yep. Very old.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Curse my stupid young self!, :-(

I shudder at what kids are putting out on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook et. al. today that they will curse themselves for down the road

You certainly aren't alone, not that it is any consolation, but we were all young once... some a lot longer ago than others
I wish we had more to offer you... but yeah, I'm sure some young hacker could make it go away, I just wouldn't know how to go about finding one! :)

Reactions: Pseudomonas

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Antipseudomonas beta lactam I find is better. Thanks - it seems impossible to do (MySpace)

Well, I suppose it depends on the resistance profile and type of infection, etc. Around here we have quite a bit of b-lactam resistant psuedomonas.

I would try the “someone stole my pictures” method. They might be more likely to respond to that type of request.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.