Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julric01

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
I've done quite a bit of modding on my iPhone - new icons all the way around, new ringtones, and re-arranged the launchpad - but I've not been replacing the original Services.plist file.

When I did replace it with the first mod, I had to run jailbreak again with the next time. So I quit replacing it, now I never have to run jailbreak again and it's still syncing with iTunes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

CyberGreg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
SoCal
Hmm I always replace mine, maybe around 30 times so far, maybe more. I have no problems synching with iTunes. How abut you?

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
I've done quite a bit of modding on my iPhone - new icons all the way around, new ringtones, and re-arranged the launchpad - but I've not been replacing the original Services.plist file.

When I did replace it with the first mod, I had to run jailbreak again with the next time. So I quit replacing it, now I never have to run jailbreak again and it's still syncing with iTunes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

My understanding is that if you use Windows, you dont have to replace it, but if using an MAC some people had too because their sotrage space wasnt reading correctly.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
My understanding is that if you use Windows, you dont have to replace it, but if using an MAC some people had too because their sotrage space wasnt reading correctly.

This is what I understand as well. I still do it on my windows machine, just in case. With Manzana it only takes about 2 seconds longer anyway.

julric01

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
What is Manzana?

This is what I understand as well. I still do it on my windows machine, just in case. With Manzana it only takes about 2 seconds longer anyway.

I've heard Manzana referenced and I've done a search, what is it and where do I get it? What's the benefit of using it?

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
I've heard Manzana referenced and I've done a search, what is it and where do I get it? What's the benefit of using it?

Its an application that allows you to browse to different directories within your iPhone and allow you to drag and drop an item from your desktop to iPhone. Not as far as music, videos and pics, but icons of such if you want to change the look of your homescreen on your iPhone. Makes a little faster process than having to keep typing over and over again in an command prompt.

http://code.google.com/p/manzana/

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2004
I have a G4 PB, so I'm using iActivator to jailbreak and iPHUC to access the directories/files of my iphone. I have never messed with the service.plist. I can still sync to iTunes and my disk/storage numbers look correct.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I have a G4 PB, so I'm using iActivator to jailbreak and iPHUC to access the directories/files of my iphone. I have never messed with the service.plist. I can still sync to iTunes and my disk/storage numbers look correct.

I thought mine was fine too, until once I connected to iTunes and it said my memory was 300MB. Then iTunes goes and deletes all my files in order to fit the songs I have synced first. BIGGEST pain in the ass having to redo everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.