Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craig1410

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2007
Scotland
Heh, I ordered my Pencil and Smart Keyboard at 08:43 GMT on launch day (ie. 00:43 PST, 03:45 EST) and it's also still processing...

craig1410

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2007
Scotland
Ditto. They are supposedly being held in THIS country in a PA hub -- something's up. And it's weird.

What's a PA hub? (Pennsylvania? Sorry I was forgetting there is a world outside of the UK for a moment... :) )

My guess is that customs and excise don't believe that a Pencil could cost £79 and so are opening them up to check! o_O

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
What's a PA hub? (Pennsylvania? Sorry I was forgetting there is a world outside of the UK for a moment... :) )

My guess is that customs and excise don't believe that a Pencil could cost £79 and so are opening them up to check! o_O

The last line is hilarious !! But I wonder if this really might be an issue with something regulatory holding them up but has not been announced? Since it has a 'radio' it is regulated.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Ordered my Pencil and Keyboard when Pre-Orders opened up. My Pencil just went to "Preparing for Shipment" and I got a credit card charge notice.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
image.jpeg

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
Heh, I ordered my Pencil and Smart Keyboard at 08:43 GMT on launch day (ie. 00:43 PST, 03:45 EST) and it's also still processing...
Here in the UK my pencil Still states processing but no movement on keyboard. Assume they will come from China so expect delivery after the 19th-2

Mymosa

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2015
SoCal girl living in Jersey
Sorry to cross post but I was lucky to be able to order on launch day 3:20 ish AM EST and got the Pro for pick up that day at one store and the Pencil and Keyboard pick up that day at another store. Got the Pro but never got the "ready" for pick up" email for the pencil. It hadn't shipped yet, but after some heated exchanges it came in the next day (Thursday) and I picked it up in store. Noone else around here has seen there. First Store was in Cherry Hill NJ and the store that got the pencil and Keyboard in stock was Christiana Apple Store in Delaware. Delaware is getting them in slowly but only for the "pre" order's.

Reactions: munishp

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
Sorry to cross post but I was lucky to be able to order on launch day 3:20 ish AM EST and got the Pro for pick up that day at one store and the Pencil and Keyboard pick up that day at another store. Got the Pro but never got the "ready" for pick up" email for the pencil. It hadn't shipped yet, but after some heated exchanges it came in the next day (Thursday) and I picked it up in store. Noone else around here has seen there. First Store was in Cherry Hill NJ and the store that got the pencil and Keyboard in stock was Christiana Apple Store in Delaware. Delaware is getting them in slowly but only for the "pre" order's.

I have just had a very stern conversation with Apple Chat about this. I made it clear i know it was not their fault but the powers that be who have promised something at launch and cannot deliver. I ordered the pro(128 &LTE) for the pencil and now have no pencil and still waiting for delivery. My warranty on the pro ticks away whilst i wait, which is disgusting in my opinion. I was informed the lack of availability or the large window for delivery was due to the high demand of the Apple Pencil and Keyboard . I then went on to give them my UK order number and confirmed that my order was processed within minutes of launch and " we shall escalate these comments you have made". I do not expect apple to do anything as they have a like it or lump it policy . However, you introduce a product for pro's, you show it off and show others using the pencil on it and then you say sorry consumer there is a bit of a delay. It kind of remind me when Nokia and Sony used to release phones prior tot he iPhone. Oh it will be launched soon, maybe between Jan -March lol.

I love Apple products, but think this launch has to be one of the worst. I prefer the "this is when the product is going on sale and this is when you will get it" from previous launches. Don't get me wrong, i was surprised to have an iPad Pro delivered to my door on the 12th November but then to state you might get your Pencil between the 20th and 27th is a bit of a joke. Rant over.

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I made another thread but il post here as well. I ordered at 12:55 pst and mine still says processing. I have a nov 20-30 date.

How is this possible? Some of us are disabled and can't make it easily to a store. It can't be that difficult to make. Its a piece of plastic and a small PCB. How could Apple botch the demand AGAIN? Isn't anyone getting tired of the "underestimated demand" excuse?

Those who got preparing for shipment, when did you order??

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I think this is the reason all Apple said for release was 'November'. They tried to rush the iPads to the store early due to realizing increased demand and got burned having no accessories.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Shipment notice from Apple, delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Interesting that it's our local carrier ONTRAC...

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Shipment notice from Apple, delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Interesting that it's our local carrier ONTRAC...
Kevrock please provide your order time, method, and when you got your emails confirmation

it helps to determine where they are processing

thanks

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Kevrock please provide your order time, method, and when you got your emails confirmation

it helps to determine where they are processing

thanks

12:22am (Pacific) when they became available, don't remember how, Apple Web Site or Apple app...
Saw the charge for the Pencil go through yesterday and went to Preparing for Shipment (no email)
Shipment notice this morning at 9:56am (Pacific)
Delivery for tomorrow (one day) even though I selected the default 2 day.

prefrontex

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
12:22am (Pacific) when they became available, don't remember how, Apple Web Site or Apple app...
Saw the charge for the Pencil go through yesterday and went to Preparing for Shipment (no email)
Shipment notice this morning at 9:56am (Pacific)
Delivery for tomorrow (one day) even though I selected the default 2 day.
Update, mine just shipped out and is arriving tomorrow via overnight shipping!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.