Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I put my SIM card in my old iPhone 6 when I go kayaking so I don’t risk losing my X.

When I get off the river and put my card back in my X my texts are showing up on the receiving end as being sent by my email address. I’m assuming this has something to do with iMessage but how do I fix it? Thanks!

JonaM

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
You're right this is triggered by iMessage - if you check the settings for iMessage on your X to check that they are set to start conversations from your telephone number, not your email address.
You might need to switch iMessage off and back on if it still happens after checking that.

Reactions: I7guy and TH55

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
You're right this is triggered by iMessage - if you check the settings for iMessage on your X to check that they are set to start conversations from your telephone number, not your email address.
You might need to switch iMessage off and back on if it still happens after checking that.
Awesome thanks! Is it possible this is somehow triggered by swapping phones/sim card?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Awesome thanks! Is it possible this is somehow triggered by swapping phones/sim card?
got to settings\messages\Send & Receive and make sure "start new conversations from" that your phone number is selected and not your iCloud account.

Reactions: TH55

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I believe it is, although you wouldn’t think it would be a problem seeing how the information hasn’t changed.
Yeah, just another glitch I guess. So I suppose the only fix is manually turning off “send from email” every time or making sure it is off?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Yeah, just another glitch I guess. So I suppose the only fix is manually turning off “send from email” every time or making sure it is off?
I don’t use the send from email option, although it is enabled. Before switching, turn off iMessage, make sure your phone is off before switching. Once done, turn on the phone, turn on iMessage and make sure your phone number is checked and listed first. You should be ok following that work around.

I have had this kind of thing happen to me 3 or 4 times over the years and it has usually been the results of updating.

Reactions: TH55
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.