Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Denver
Thanks in advance for any help, I really could use some! I am new to Homekit and any referrals, links etc. will be appreciated. I've been headed toward Hikvision surveillance but am wondering if I can tie it into Homekit or is there another system that can better provide the following features?

• House is wired for PoE cameras and intercom. Alarm system is hardwired magnetic switches.
• Anticipated Hikvision vehicle/people (not facial recognition) detection. But open to other solutions.
• Tie to NVR with dry switch so VCAs besides recording, can ring door bell or do other functions.
• Would like to tie door locks, openers, hardwired alarm into system.
• Would love to have keyless entry via iPhone detection, maybe too much to hope for.

My understanding is that HV cameras perform the analytics whereas NVR in other systems performs them. Not even sure if this is correct.

• HomeBridge?

Can anyone help or forward me to basics where I can sort all this out?

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Maybe you will get lucky here, but you may be better off looking in home security forums and seeing what they say works with Homekit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.