Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordon Evans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Mankato, MN
Hey I’ve read a bunch of the problems with boot camp but I still can’t solve my problem. I needed assistance. When I’m installing boot camp I get to the point where I need to select the destination to download the program I select my hard drive but It gives me a ! Sign saying "You cannot install Boot Camp Assistant on this volume. This software does not support the system version on this volume." Can you please help me with My Problem? I would really appreciate it.

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
I don't actually understand your problem...

You are saying that when you download bootcamp you need to select a volume to install? :confused:

Perhaps you mean when you run the installer, bootcamp tells you that you cannot select your hard drive, which could mean that there isn't enough space, you already have partitioned, or you are running a PPC machine.

Could you elaborate on the problem?

EDIT: on second read, it sounds like you are not at the latest version of Tiger. It requires 10.4.7 I think, but it would be safest to use 10.4.8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.