Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I have a 5s and a mini 2 so performance is not a problem. They are both connected to the same wifi and have bluetooth activated but hand off does not work. Apps don't appear on the lockscreen on both devices, only mail and safari show up in the multitasking view and 3rd party apps don't work at all. I thought that hand off is when I open an app like Flipboard, Twitter or even a game, and than I pick the other device and start using from where I've left of. Also, the devices can't maintain a stable connection between them (when I, somehow, make the mail and safari apps work). Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to turn on other things? Do I need a faster wifi connection? Because I have a 60 mbps connection on wifi and 200 with the cable but that is off the question with these 2 devices.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
And, I've noticed that Handoff isn't activated unless you're actively editing a note or email on one of the devices. I'm assuming Handoff only works when you're in "creation/editing" mode, so Flipboard wouldn't work anyway as there is nothing to create or edit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.