Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
I love the S7 AW. It's amazing, but I really shouldn't have committed to the green color. I've owned it for about 6 or 7 months and after the first few weeks I was over the color. The Midnight or even blue look so much better and I feel like they're easier to color coordinate bands with. The green looked sexy upon release, and it still looks good but I wish I had gone with a less obscure color.

How do you feel about your watch color? Any regrets?

Reactions: Canubis

Tdude96

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2021
Sometimes I fear the statement I'm making to the world is "you should mug this guy" when I total up exactly how much in Apple tech I have on my person at any given moment. 😖

Personally I've enjoyed the green, but all other factors being the same, wouldn't have bought the green if the aluminum model had been available in Space Gray or Space Black. The nice thing about the green is that unless the lighting is just right, it looks black. A lot of people would never spot the difference.

That said, had the iPhone been available in Alpine Green at release, I might have bought the green for both.

• Haha
Reactions: PlayUltimate

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I love my green watch and don't regret it for a minute. It's dark enough that I think it looks good with almost every band I've paired it with.

+1 on the Alpine Green iPhone Pro. I would have been all over that if it had been available at release.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
The nice thing about the green is that unless the lighting is just right, it looks black. A lot of people would never spot the difference.

I love my green watch and don't regret it for a minute. It's dark enough that I think it looks good with almost every band I've paired it with.

The only time the watch ever looks green is in bright direct sunlight. And even then, the sides not exposed to the direct light still look black. This watch is a winner!

594375EF-CEBE-4F95-A703-145CBAA071C5.jpeg

krezimax1975

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2022
Russia
hello. I just really want to buy when there are discounts iphone 13 and watch S7 green set. I like colors. instead of my SE graphite and iphone 11 red

Monkswhiskers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2018
Best to go for a neutral colour if you like to swap out bands or like to match clothes etc.
My eg. is that I have a pair of bright blue converse trainers which looked great in the shop but I hardly have any clothes to match. Shoes or watches go neutral!

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
It took a week at least until I saw my watch in the right light to notice, Oh, it _is_ green! First AW for me so perhaps when I chose green I thought that just meant the band. Anyhow, this may not help you at all, but just saying, as others have, that I’d suggest trying not to stress about it, as the green is so subtle to be hardly noticeable.

If it truly bugs you after trying not to let it, might be worth selling on Swappa or elsewhere and getting what you want.

Last edited:

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I learned, long ago, what color looks good today, might not in the future. I stick to black and have never got tired of it. iPads, I always do the silver to avails the ugly scratch through the color.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I was thinking of getting a S7 in green since it seems to be on sale lately.

Question: does the S3 standard black band that came with the watch (38mm I think) fit the S7 41 mm green case?

Also, why doesn’t the OP just switch out the bands?

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
I was thinking of getting a S7 in green since it seems to be on sale lately.

Question: does the S3 standard black band that came with the watch (38mm I think) fit the S7 41 mm green case?

Also, why doesn’t the OP just switch out the bands?
I have a black band now, and it does look a lot better. Can hardly tell its green unless the sun hits it right... and even then it looks really good.

I just needed a new strap
unnamed.jpg

\Thread

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I love the S7 AW. It's amazing, but I really shouldn't have committed to the green color. I've owned it for about 6 or 7 months and after the first few weeks I was over the color. The Midnight or even blue look so much better and I feel like they're easier to color coordinate bands with. The green looked sexy upon release, and it still looks good but I wish I had gone with a less obscure color.

How do you feel about your watch color? Any regrets?
I‘ve got the Red S7 45mm. No regrets:). I’ve always had SS Apple watches before. The SS is way more versatile when it comes to band selection than the S7 Red, Blue or Green (IMO). But, I enjoy the lighter weight of the aluminum. All in all….I’m really enjoying the red watch. I’m in casual clothes mostly (workout stuff, shorts and t-shirts, Jeans, etc…)….so the Red mostly works fine! Now, having both the SS and Red Aluminum would be ideal! The SS would work much better when I’m not dressed so casual!!

DragonSin69

Suspended
Aug 23, 2022
Earth
I bought the Blue Aluminium S7 recently (previously had a SBSS model) as it seems to match with more clothes I wear!!

Also seems to match more straps too + not many blue watches about - I haven't yet seen a single other person with one!

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I've had a red S6 for a year and a half now. I bought the red one because it was the cheapest available model at the time. I would have much preferred to have a silver one, as I believe silver to have the widest selection of bands that go well with it. I don't use half of my bands right now.

PlayUltimate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO
Sometimes I fear the statement I'm making to the world is "you should mug this guy" when I total up exactly how much in Apple tech I have on my person at any given moment. 😖
Yep. In the bag: MacBook Air, 12.9" iPP, iPadMini, iPhone, AirPod Pro, Apple Watch on wrist + assorted cables and dongles. Sigh, when the bag is worth more than your car.

hanser

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
I did never like the green and would not have bought it. I chose starlight and am still very happy with it- Together with my Abyss blue braided loop it just looks an elegant silver.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011

Personally I've enjoyed the green, but all other factors being the same, wouldn't have bought the green if the aluminum model had been available in Space Gray or Space Black. The nice thing about the green is that unless the lighting is just right, it looks black. A lot of people would never spot the difference.

That said, had the iPhone been available in Alpine Green at release, I might have bought the green for both.

Pretty much no one thinks that if you have a smartwatch anymore. They are $200 even for apple ones (aka the most valuable of smart watches). Used and linked to iCloud? useless to muggers. Apple gear thefts have dropped dramatically. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. you're safe.

bayportbob

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
somewhere under the rainbow.
I like the green color, bought my 7 used from someone so I had a choice of blue. I like the blue color. I don't give a poo about fashion statements. I had a green iPhone and now have a blue iPhone. I would buy any color apple device except for silver or white. the red color is nice but it attracts your eye to it so not a real favorite for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.