Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
i somehow dragged my Movies folder out to the desktop. i then noticed that i had one complete folder on the desktop while the original was still in the finder window as well. both had duplicate content, i deleted the folder on the desktop and flushed the contents from trash, then i noticed that the fodler was also gone from finder! now all of my movies are gone! :(

i doubt that there is any way to retrieve them again but i would at lease like to create another movies folder in the finder. could anyone please help with this?

thanks

signed - dumbass

Attachments

• screenshot.jpeg
    screenshot.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 96

XNine

macrumors 68040
Well, you COULD try soemthing like DATA RESCUE X, but, my friend, this is why your movie folder resides where it is. Next time, I advise creating an alias on your desktop (though I'm sure you've already learned that lesson.)

Sorry to hear, but that's about the best advice I can think of.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
liketom, i went there but the folder is missing from there as well. is there anyway to create another one in the finder window? thanks for the replies guys

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
mileslong said:
no help in spotlight either, dang it!
try spotlighting some of the movie folders contents to see if you can get any of your movies back ,

but looks like your outta luck my friend:(

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mileslong said:
liketom, i went there but the folder is missing from there as well. is there anyway to create another one in the finder window? thanks for the replies guys
The simplest way is to create a new folder in your user folder, name it Movies, and drag it to the sidebar.

If you want the cool icon, create a new user account (System Preferences...->Accounts), go there, and drag that Movies folder to somewhere shared, then open it from your account, get info, select the icon, copy it (⌘-C), select your plain Movies folder, get info, select the plain icon, and paste the better icon.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
thanks again guys, i figured out how to create a new folder, rather simple acutally but i cant believe i deleted all of my movies, some irreplacable :(

:(

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
mileslong said:
thanks again guys, i figured out how to create a new folder, rather simple acutally but i cant believe i deleted all of my movies, some irreplacable :(

:(

if you refer to the previous post you can try and recover them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.