Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys. I successfully installed iOS12.4.2 on mine iPhone 6s. I want to share this because there may be people who want to do downgrade, because we know Apple stopped signing iOS12.4.1 ? Below I leave a screenshot to make sure if u want to downgrade

Attachments

• 380DEF02-1D3B-4FAD-858B-51C012FBE99E.png
    380DEF02-1D3B-4FAD-858B-51C012FBE99E.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,055

huiAPPOAJ

Suspended
Jul 1, 2019
So you have updated to iOS 13 and then after they stopped signing iOS 12 you have downgraded back to 12.4.2, right? How did you do that?

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
So you have updated to iOS 13 and then after they stopped signing iOS 12 you have downgraded back to 12.4.2, right? How did you do that?
yes, i did donwgrade from iOS13.1.2.Download on your PC 3utools and downgrade, you be suprised ;)

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
I think this is only available for 6s and older.

Available for: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch 6th generation

Reactions: apple_bg

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Would I be able to do this on the iPhone X?
No :(
[automerge]1570462899[/automerge]

Available for: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch 6th generation

Yes

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi guys. I successfully installed iOS12.4.2 on mine iPhone 6s. I want to share this because there may be people who want to do downgrade, because we know Apple stopped signing iOS12.4.1 ? Below I leave a screenshot to make sure if u want to downgrade

Doesn't appear that iOS 12.4.2 exists for iPhone 6s or newer models (which are compatible with iOS 13).

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Doesn't appear that iOS 12.4.2 exists for iPhone 6s or newer models (which are compatible with iOS 13).
I uploaded a screenshot, and I didn't believe it, but it's possible, I don't know why Apple didn't mention it ...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I uploaded a screenshot, and I didn't believe it, but it's possible, I don't know why Apple didn't mention it ...
I see the screenshot, nevertheless, it doesn't appear that that version exists for iPhone 6s or newer devices. Even sites that keep track of available and signed versions for all kinds of Apple devices don't seem to have it for iPhone 6s or later devices.

So far aside from a screenshot doesn't seem like much details were provided, like where the IPSW was obtained, what the filename was, how it was installed, etc.

Reactions: newellj

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
I see the screenshot, nevertheless, it doesn't appear that that version exists for iPhone 6s or newer devices. Even sites that keep track of available and signed versions for all kinds of Apple devices don't seem to have it for iPhone 6s or later devices.

So far aside from a screenshot doesn't seem like much details were provided, like where the IPSW was obtained, what the filename was, how it was installed, etc.
3utools is the program bro, i install it on my pc and working perfect!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
3utools is the program bro, i install it on my pc and working perfect!
And where did the ISPW come from given that it doesn't appear to exist (and even the ISPW tracking sites don't have a mention or it, let alone links to it, for iPhone 6s or later models, like they do for other existing ISPW installers)?

Reactions: newellj

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
And where did the ISPW come from given that it doesn't appear to exist (and even the ISPW tracking sites don't have a mention or it, let alone links to it, for iPhone 6s or later models, like they do for other existing ISPW installers)?
It's only for 6s, it's not working for iPhone 7 and up.I have no idea, but in iOS12.4.2 it is signed for the iPhone 6s, where the ispw itself comes from, most probably, I don't know, but it works perfectly, download it, make sure with your eyes if you don't believe it. It

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
if you don't know where it comes from how did you get it?
Dude, I have no idea, the program itself has it and when I connect my iPhone to it it shows me that I can download the version, then the program downloads it and I'm done, I don't know in depth where it comes from after it works and you can make a downgrade

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Dude, I have no idea, the program itself has it and when I connect my iPhone to it it shows me that I can download the version, then the program downloads it and I'm done, I don't know in depth where it comes from after it works and you can make a downgrade
I wouldn’t trust any IPSW file that didn’t come directly from Apple. If you don’t know where the IPSW file came from then I would consider it malware. But, that’s just me.

Reactions: ZebraDude

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn’t trust any IPSW file that didn’t come directly from Apple. If you don’t know where the IPSW file came from then I would consider it malware. But, that’s just me.
the verification has passed, in my opinion there is no problem.you know Apple has a lot of security,so... as of today you can no longer return to iOS12.4.2 now I checked, I'm lucky I downgrade yesterday

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
the verification has passed, in my opinion there is no problem.you know Apple has a lot of security,so... as of today you can no longer return to iOS12.4.2 now I checked, I'm lucky I downgrade yesterday
Oh, I didn’t need to downgrade, I just wanted to make it clear that an IPSW file that didn’t come from Apple should be seen as possibly altered and could contain malware. I’m glad you’re happy with it :)

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Oh, I didn’t need to downgrade, I just wanted to make it clear that an IPSW file that didn’t come from Apple should be seen as possibly altered and could contain malware. I’m glad you’re happy with it :)
Shouldn't it be verifycation if it was malware or it's possible? ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Realistically speaking if it's not something that's from Apple and doesn't pass Apple's verification (since that happens during the installation) then you wouldn't be able to make use of it.

Reactions: revmacian
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.