Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esaelias187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
I had focus issues and pwm headaches with iPhone x and xs and 11 pro maybe was pwm or face id

Oddly with the samsung s10 i never had headaches or eye strains

I love tech so was upset gave everything away and bought an iPhone 8 in Feb

This might sound crazy but since I updated iPhone 8 to its 14 my eye strains and headaches are back

I don't know what it could be
[automerge]1602113874[/automerge]
Samsung never gave headaches but overall still had a weird feeling I cannot describe

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I had focus issues and pwm headaches with iPhone x and xs and 11 pro maybe was pwm or face id

Oddly with the samsung s10 i never had headaches or eye strains

I love tech so was upset gave everything away and bought an iPhone 8 in Feb

This might sound crazy but since I updated iPhone 8 to its 14 my eye strains and headaches are back

I don't know what it could be
[automerge]1602113874[/automerge]
Samsung never gave headaches but overall still had a weird feeling I cannot describe
Psychosomatic.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
All it takes is one day of staring at a device too long (playing with iOS 14 widgets) and the eye muscles can get fatigued and not recover for the next day. Once they're strained, they need time to recover. Sometimes a very long time .

Tip: Don't look at your iPhone much until your eye muscles recover

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
There is so much more to headaches, trust me. I'm a migraine sufferer since childhood. Ironically, I don't have issues with PWM. I will make an analogy of something similar here that is related. During the years of "troubleshooting" my migraines I came across barometric pressure and how it can trigger migraines for people like me. So, what did I do? Started looking at the pressure readings in my area all the time and now it became a trigger within itself. Meaning if I knew there was a drastic shift in pressure coming I'd likely give myself a headache when one might not have happened. I'm not down playing your sensitivity, but the mind is a powerful thing. If you had a doubt, something that reminded you of it, or even read a new story related to it that could be working against you.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I look at a screen from the moment I wake up, to the moment I go to bed. From my 11 Pro Max, to my computer at work, plus the hundreds of phones I test at work, to my phone again, then my iPad Pro. I never keep the brightness too high on any of the devices I work with as that causes the most strain, for me, at least. Definitely get your eyes checked. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 4 and I wear contacts when I’m at work. Definitely worth getting them checked because no device should be giving you eye strain - coming from a person who is always staring at a screen 24/7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.