Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
My friend asked me to come to his place so that we could study, so i did. I took my new ibook along and showed it to him, he thought it looked nice but was not intrested in the OS X. We ordered a pizza and while we were working his PC started crashing every few mins since he was downloading files, working on word and listing to music. So i got the link from his and started downloading teh file for him, played the cds he wanted and started doing my work.

Once he did not save his work and lost about a good 2 hours of work which he had to do again because of a crash. Today he placed an order for a brand new 17" PB to replace his PC and we picked it up soon after. He could not belive how easy it was to set it up and how fast it took.

Now he cant live without OS X and he cant belive how simple and how it just works.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
crazycat said:
My friend asked me to come to his place so that we could study, so i did. I took my new ibook along and showed it to him, he thought it looked nice but was not intrested in the OS X. We ordered a pizza and while we were working his PC started crashing every few mins since he was downloading files, working on word and listing to music. So i got the link from his and started downloading teh file for him, played the cds he wanted and started doing my work.

Once he did not save his work and lost about a good 2 hours of work which he had to do again because of a crash. Today he placed an order for a brand new 17" PB to replace his PC and we picked it up soon after. He could not belive how easy it was to set it up and how fast it took.

Now he cant live without OS X and he cant belive how simple and how it just works.

Not bad for a MR Newbie. Keep up the good work and congrats to your buddy with the 17" PB.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
That's great. Maybe you could help me with my friends, I've been working on them for a while now, but they are just too stubborn! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.