Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
...sell just about everthing I own to buy a new 24" imac. I've been using aperture a lot, and its a little slow on my 12" Powerbook when hooked up to an external monitor. So tempting especially since it can pass the 2.0 GHz Mac Pro on some tasks.

Should I do it???

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Well, I don't know what "everything" is, but if you have a 12" PB, and you're using it as a desktop, then its time to sell it! :D

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Well, I am a student, and do appreciate the portability, I use it for notes in class, taking to the library, coffee shops, etc, then hook it back up when I get home. But if I get a new desktop, I could probably get away with an ibook g3. Its just nice to have the extra power when I need to do some photoshop or aperture on the go. By the way, it wasn't quite on the list of stuff to sell.

I figured I could get about $1500 from stuff I have that I don't really need such as subwoofers in my car, my old dell, extra guitars and such.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
shieldyoureyes said:
By the way, it wasn't quite on the list of stuff to sell.

I figured I could get about $1500 from stuff I have that I don't really need such as subwoofers in my car, my old dell, extra guitars and such.
Oh, well in that case, definitely do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.