Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emagdnimy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
Wow....what a disapointment. after all this hype i was soo ready for some new machines, whether it be the enclosures or whatever else. but all we got was a few more megahertz and some level 3 cache. i guess thats all we were expecting. i was hoping however, for at least one surprise and damnit, i woke up at 5 in the morning to watch that stupid keynote. it was boring as hell. i just kept waiting, like he was going to all of the sudden say, "haha, just joking. this is the new powermac!" oh well.....i can't believe i got all excited about this macworld. i guess i'll just have to wait till the next one to get my hopes up again.

Evergreen

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
You aren't the only one. They needed DDR ram in the new duals, and they assumed their pro customers would be too stupid to realize a fast dual is handicapped with slower ram. PC133? Pathetic. I'm going with Athlon for my next box.

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
Yeah

I slept in and missed the keynote, then noticed the major dip in Apple's stock on my way to class. I just caught the keynote on the web, and I'm going to be sick. I hate to say it, but someone over in Cupertino is sleeping on the job. Does Apple really expect us to suck it up and accept this minor redesign and speedbump in one machine? Please.

emagdnimy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
it's weird because right after i watched the keynote, i started pricing out some athlon configurations. maybe because i was mad or maybe because i was like, "dang these are cheap!". you would think it would have been the other way around. could it have possibly been better for apple to have gone to hang out with Adobe for this macworld?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.