Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

10smom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
USA
I posted about my iPhone a few days ago. I no longer have access to my key chain on my phone, and a lot of other things happening on my phone, I click on, and image that I thought was one I selected to download even though I did not remember. It just popped up. Now my phone is chaos.

The same thing just happen to my Ipad. An image I had used other pops up and said, “Save this,” and I clicked it. neight of these images are nowhere to be found. How do I test to see if they are hacked? How do I fix it?

Right now, I am trying to download an app called Lockout, and I can't download unless I type in my Password. I usually do not have to type in my password unless issue w/ face id. It did not even give me that option. I do not want to type my password if it is hacked.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I posted about my iPhone a few days ago. I no longer have access to my key chain on my phone, and a lot of other things happening on my phone, I click on, and image that I thought was one I selected to download even though I did not remember. It just popped up. Now my phone is chaos.

The same thing just happen to my Ipad. An image I had used other pops up and said, “Save this,” and I clicked it. neight of these images are nowhere to be found. How do I test to see if they are hacked? How do I fix it?

Right now, I am trying to download an app called Lockout, and I can't download unless I type in my Password. I usually do not have to type in my password unless issue w/ face id. It did not even give me that option. I do not want to type my password if it is hacked.

Maybe the best thing to do is to erase your devices and either set them up as new or restore from a backup. Do you have recent iCloud backups (or backups created by connecting to your Mac, if you have one, by using the Finder (for Catalina macOS) or iTunes (for earlier macOS versions) for either/both of them?

You can also contact Apple support for help.

10smom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
USA
Maybe the best thing to do is to erase your devices and either set them up as new or restore from a backup. Do you have recent iCloud backups (or backups created by connecting to your Mac, if you have one, by using the Finder (for Catalina macOS) or iTunes (for earlier macOS versions) for either/both of them?

You can also contact Apple support for help.
yes, I have a backup of iCloud, but keychain is live. This is my last keychain is on the ipad. So I think I need to setup and old iphone just so I have Access to the keychain?. I dont understnad what happened to keychain on iPhone. it is suppose to be live. how can it not be there on iPhone

Also ipad starting to go crazy just Like my phone. My screen started flicker and I could no longer type on magic keyboard. I turnoff and back on, but now I have less than .2 speed on my pad . the iPhone now has 60Mps. Yesterday my iphone only had .2 or less MPS and Ipad had high speed.

Also is there a tester app to see if it has been hacked and if my icloud has been hacked? Is there a app to clean it? thanks

Now grammerly going crazy something is controlling my keyboard

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Yes, that's a lot going on all at once. Take one of your devices and erase it and then restore from an iCloud backup. If the problems persist, then erase it again and set it up as new. If everything is OK on that device, then do the same steps on the other one. Just take your time and try not to panic.

Reactions: 10smom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.