Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I walked in my schools biology classroom last week and noticed that the teacher had 2 Think Different posters on her wall of Einstein and the chemistry guy.
My school is a total Windows oasis and the teacher is an "Apple was that company back in the 80s" kind of person.
I begged her for the posters that had staple holes in the corners. i told her I would give her $10 each for the posters.

She won't budge! :mad: I need some tactics. :eek:

Maedus

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
Indiana
Daveway said:
I walked in my schools biology classroom last week and noticed that the teacher had 2 Think Different posters on her wall of Einstein and the chemistry guy.
My school is a total Windows oasis and the teacher is an "Apple was that company back in the 80s" kind of person.
I begged her for the posters that had staple holes in the corners. i told her I would give her $10 each for the posters.

She won't budge! :mad: I need some tactics. :eek:

You could try searching for some on eBay or places like that. Maybe even pick you up mint condition ones...for under $10. Maybe. Dunno. Might cost $100 with how some mac users prize their memorabilia.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Maedus said:
You could try searching for some on eBay or places like that. Maybe even pick you up mint condition ones...for under $10. Maybe. Dunno. Might cost $100 with how some mac users prize their memorabilia.
I've seen them go for more than $100... To Daveway, I don't think it's fair of you to pressure/ harass/ get upset w/ your teacher-- she has her own reasons for wanting that poster. Also, if you harass her enough, she might get terribly fed up w/ you-- imagine if you did have that poster and some punk kid was bugging you for it! ;) My advice? Save up and shell out the $$ or watch ebay and wait to try to snag it at a 'bargain' price.

Maedus

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
Indiana
devilot76 said:
I've seen them go for more than $100... To Daveway, I don't think it's fair of you to pressure/ harass/ get upset w/ your teacher-- she has her own reasons for wanting that poster. Also, if you harass her enough, she might get terribly fed up w/ you-- imagine if you did have that poster and some punk kid was bugging you for it! ;) My advice? Save up and shell out the $$ or watch ebay and wait to try to snag it at a 'bargain' price.

:eek: I was only joking when I wrote that they might fetch $100. Apple should have printed extras and sold them themselves. Would make for funny quarter earnings report with profits listed by computers, iPods, and posters. :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
The Einstein 24" x 36" from the MissingBite here is listed at $299.

The Einstein 11" x 17" from MB here is listed at $129.

James Watson (Daveway, I think you were referring to him as 'the chemistry guy' okay... deep breath... he along w/ Crick and really, poor Rosalind-- those two slacker guys used her photography and hard work to come up w/ the double helix structure of DNA-- revolutionary work; the two men were awarded Nobel Prizes while poor Rosalind wasn't so lucky because the Nobel can't be awarded post-humously) poster also 11" x 17" from MB here is listed at $99.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
My high school computer lab teacher has about 4 or so framed in the computer lab, which is half Mac. The frames are cheap and falling apart but they are still protected and have no holes in them. I would have no hope in getting them off of her because she knows that they run $150-$300 each. She is really hoping none of the students find out how valuable they are, cause if they do they would be gone in 2 minutes. I don't think anyone has any clue :D .

Maedus

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
Indiana
yippy said:
My high school computer lab teacher has about 4 or so framed in the computer lab, which is half Mac. The frames are cheap and falling apart but they are still protected and have no holes in them. I would have no hope in getting them off of her because she knows that they run $150-$300 each. She is really hoping none of the students find out how valuable they are, cause if they do they would be gone in 2 minutes. I don't think anyone has any clue :D .

Heh, if any jerks ever vandalize them, I'd like to see their face when they're told they have to reimburse the school $150 - $300 dollars for damages. Will serve them right vandalizing in the first place and for vandalizing mac memorabilia.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
She's not my teacher, i had her last year.

The posters are just by themselves buried under other posters and most people don't know what they are.

....and I'm not harassing her. Its friendly.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Daveway said:
She's not my teacher, i had her last year.

The posters are just by themselves buried under other posters and most people don't know what they are.

....and I'm not harassing her. Its friendly.

Daveway, I feel your pain.

So many Mac posters at school.. so many unused Macs just SITTING (and have been for 4 years) that I could put to good use or the flippin' school could EBAY off and get some $$ to tune pianos.

if you wanted to, you could always take the KT approach and take pics of them, pretty them up in photochop, and print. :)

dual64bit

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2004
Your mean, more than $400.... eBay Auction

I have 16 of these 24x36 posters and have well over $2,000 in them. I'd talk with your teacher and offer her something, bring her in an apple and some roses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.